Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only gone and bought another bike ain't I . . .

Collect it next week . . . . .

Best I start planning some longer rides :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Really nice.:thumbup:
You will enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Hey Steve, that looks like an aftermarket screen, possibly Givi? I took mine off after a week and replaced it with a standard one!
You're about same height as me, I found the screen was irritating, when going into corners the edge of the screen was in my line of vision. I was constantly peering over the top or through the screen, put me off my line!
Standard screen and the pegs were grounding both sides on the Cawdor road (you know the two corners!) That's one thing you'll notice in the first couple of days, ground clearance is fun!

·
Hill Rider
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jim, your bang on about the screen - it's right in my line of vision. I dont mind lifting my head to get a better view of the road ahead, and even standing on the pegs is OK with me, but not all the time on the road!
The standard screens coming home with it, along with the original suspension linkage - it's currently raised so much that even Me, with my mighty 5'6", can only just get his toes on the floor!

SnapHappy - having followed the LWD riders last year from JOG to Inverness, then rode home after not having slept for over 30hrs, I honestly believe that this years charity ride is beyond me.
I'll give the new to me beast a "little" spin round the local roads, just to work out fuel consumption and any handling quirks, then I'll pop a couple of thousand miles on it with a ride south :rolleyes: within the next few weeks :D

Here comes the summer :thumbright:

·
Hill Rider
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're welcome to come down to me for a cuppa! :D:D
Dave, your on :rolleyes:

Passing your place on 1st or 2nd May on my way to Pontypool from Plymouth. :D

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Dave, your on :rolleyes:

Passing your place on 1st or 2nd May on my way to Pontypool from Plymouth. :D
I'll get the kettle on... unless of course I'm down in Cornwall with the other reprobates.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Must be your time of the month, then :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D
Yep.

I'm now in synch with SWMBO - she's getting a new kitchen, I'm getting the Vara.

Biggest difference is that she wants rid of the current kitchen and I dont want to part with either my @ or my Fazer 600 :(.

But hey, somethings got to give, so better a bike than my bits :rolleyes:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Hey Stevs,

Good looking bike :thumbup::thumbup:

Maybe hook up this weekend, see if it's as fast as your old AT :D:D:D

·
Hill Rider
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's another piccy - the V-Twin family :rolleyes:

See if we can't sort an over-nighter at Ullapool this weekend, to check out all the local attractions for Septembers little event :D.

Tent and gear packed and ready when you are!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts