Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
chrisb
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
time to replace sprockets and chain. Bought Honda parts off Mr. Silvers. All going well this evening but could'nt quite squeez on the joint link plate onto the pins using a molegrips ..so..out with a small G Clamp and an M6 nut...ooopppss..too much ..distorted one of the O Rings. I can see it distorted. $iht..now, hands up , will I leave well enough alone and continue on regardless or will I ( can I ) buy a new Joining Link and press out the old one and have another , lighter handed attempt ? Dont suppose theres too much harm in riding the bike in the meantime. Is this link available as a seperate item from Honda ?
Thanking all replies.
Chrisb

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
won't any matching rivet link do the job? You should be able to buy from anywhere that sells DID or RK chains- or that's where i'd be looking anyway

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
That's where I got my spare link from. Quick turnaround.

If you haven't peened over the end yet (assuming it's a rivet link), try gently levering the side plate with a wide screwdriver to move the side plate back out again. Don't damage the o-ring and don't use excessive force on it. Gentle persuasion is the order of the day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts