·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANY BODY IN THE SOUTH DAMERELS AT VICORIA ARE HAVING AN OPEN WEEKEND AGAIN

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
There's a town in Great Britain called 'Indian Queens'?!?!?!? :confused::confused::confused:

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
In the same county that gives us the only Town name with an exclamation point in it. Westward Ho!

Must be something in the water :D
Wrong Tiffy Wesward Ho! be Devon me dear, Indian Queens be Cornwall me handsome, alog with St Kew Highway, Chip Shop, Pendoggett,Trelights, perranworthal, goonhilly, trengilliwartha the list goes on

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
What about Piddle town at the top of a hill and Puddle town at the bottom?

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
That be dorset boy
anyway enough of hijacking his thread, may just be there Jase if i am home
Merv

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's all the west country ... well except for Dorset.

and probably Devon and Cornwall too :D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Might try to get down there on Sunday. The wife is still hunting down a jacket.
Latest aquisition (Dainese leather-beautiful-her size) arrived this am. Gone back on e-bay tonight:blob4:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Wrong Tiffy Wesward Ho! be Devon me dear, Indian Queens be Cornwall me handsome, alog with St Kew Highway, Chip Shop, Pendoggett,Trelights, perranworthal, goonhilly, trengilliwartha the list goes on
Unless I'm mistaken Merv 'Chip Shop' be Devon an all. (If you'm tellin' o the one by Milton Abbott. Bray Shop and Congdon's Shop they be Cornwall.:thumbup:

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
you be right there boy tis devon
merv

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might try to get down there on Sunday. The wife is still hunting down a jacket.
Latest aquisition (Dainese leather-beautiful-her size) arrived this am. Gone back on e-bay tonight:blob4:
Just phoned them this morning to book 2 rides and was told it will be first come first served, i said ok. He asked "What do you want to ride"

" I said VFR1200 and New Varadero"

" VFR1200 no problems have them, we aint got a Varadero on Test no point testing old models it's being replaced next year with a shaft drive bike with the VRF1200 engine, so that will be a separate launch"

So that comfirmed it for me about HOnda and the new Offroad bike.

They also have a new Super Tenere on test if anyones interested

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got back from the open weekend, quite a few bargains, seem to be alot of shoei helmets and clothing reduced. I test rode the new Super Tenere, VFR1200dsg and the New R1

The Super Tenere was very gutless but light and agile you could green lane it if the lanes were very mild it was running out of revs before anything happened. There were 2 Super Teneres first ride out i had one and the guy instructor had the other neither of us were particullarily impressed with it it did have modes on it and they were left on touring as when it was put on sport it felt like a huge single with a really slack chain.

The only VFR1200 they had came with the DSG gearbox so no clutch lever or foot lever for gears, you had a button on the right handle bar for DSN (drive sport neutral) and above it a lever for swapping to manual gear change. Then on theleft bars a + and - for gears. In auto it was so smooth you couldn't tell it was changing gear until you saw the numbers change on the screen gear indicator add the sport mode very good you can swirch between manual and auto on the move aswell really liked that bike.

LAst bike i tried was the new R1 with the big bang motor. Awsome sound all the way through sounds like a V8 with straight through pipes very quick and agile again adjustable maps normal, "A" and "B" nornal was good "A" was plain scarey too agressive for road use and fast "b" didn't really notice what it did. My ass and back of my legs were getting very hot from the exhausts aswell may be a featture for winter use as a heater

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Just got back from the open weekend, quite a few bargains, seem to be alot of shoei helmets and clothing reduced. I test rode the new Super Tenere, VFR1200dsg and the New R1

The Super Tenere was very gutless but light and agile you could green lane it if the lanes were very mild it was running out of revs before anything happened. There were 2 Super Teneres first ride out i had one and the guy instructor had the other neither of us were particullarily impressed with it it did have modes on it and they were left on touring as when it was put on sport it felt like a huge single with a really slack chain.

The only VFR1200 they had came with the DSG gearbox so no clutch lever or foot lever for gears, you had a button on the right handle bar for DSN (drive sport neutral) and above it a lever for swapping to manual gear change. Then on theleft bars a + and - for gears. In auto it was so smooth you couldn't tell it was changing gear until you saw the numbers change on the screen gear indicator add the sport mode very good you can swirch between manual and auto on the move aswell really liked that bike.

LAst bike i tried was the new R1 with the big bang motor. Awsome sound all the way through sounds like a V8 with straight through pipes very quick and agile again adjustable maps normal, "A" and "B" nornal was good "A" was plain scarey too agressive for road use and fast "b" didn't really notice what it did. My ass and back of my legs were getting very hot from the exhausts aswell may be a featture for winter use as a heater
So what one would you have?

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So what one would you have?
That would be a difficult one the R1 is too focused for road use and extremely uncomfortable to ride very far so that one is out although you could have some fun on it and in mode a everything happens 40% faster than normal but too extreme

The VFR was more comfortable and did realy impress how smooth it rode and how easy it was to ride tank range 185 refill at 150miles not a huge issue

The Super Tenere didn't impress at all performance wise yes you could green lane if you wanted to but i wouldn't it's too big very light but so gutless you would expect it to have loads of low and mid range but fast pull aways from rounds abouts weren't happening but it was comfortable a there was good wind protection.

:grin::grin::grin:

The VFR1200 it ticks the balance of all boxes

but price wise they are all too expensive for the market at the moment the cheapest was £11k thats alot of money for a toy

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
That would be a difficult one the R1 is too focused for road use and extremely uncomfortable to ride very far so that one is out although you could have some fun on it and in mode a everything happens 40% faster than normal but too extreme

The VFR was more comfortable and did realy impress how smooth it rode and how easy it was to ride tank range 185 refill at 150miles not a huge issue

The Super Tenere didn't impress at all performance wise yes you could green lane if you wanted to but i wouldn't it's too big very light but so gutless you would expect it to have loads of low and mid range but fast pull aways from rounds abouts weren't happening but it was comfortable a there was good wind protection.

:grin::grin::grin:

The VFR1200 it ticks the balance of all boxes

but price wise they are all too expensive for the market at the moment the cheapest was £11k thats alot of money for a toy
So if the rumours are correct about the new Varadero having the VFR engine, would you consider upgrading?

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So if the rumours are correct about the new Varadero having the VFR engine, would you consider upgrading?
Probably not, for one reason the simple fact i'm not using the one i have enough for what it's designed for at the moment. So spending all that money on something to sit in the garage seems pointless.

But i wouldn't be the same as the VFR anyway as Honda would have to loose the top end and re-tune it for more tractable power down lower but we'll see when the new model turns up. The Honda rep did say the Varadero is due an update and immisions testing means a newer motor is required

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Went down to Damerell's today. Nice event. Finally managed to fix up the wife with a new jacket. She likes it:thumbup:Result.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Went down to Damerell's today. Nice event. Finally managed to fix up the wife with a new jacket. She likes it:thumbup:Result.
did you test ride anything there ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts