Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The CRFL is a very reliable travelbike.
It is easy to work on and crashes very well.
My parter and I just finished a 3 year 110.000 km rtw trip and the bikes did great!

One bike had no problems at all and only needed oil and filter changes. The other (mine) had a failing camchaintensioner (easy fix) and started to use a little oil after riding 5000km in dusty conditions with incorrect mounted airfilter (aftermarket).
I put in a new piston and cylinder. In hindsight this wasn't really necessary as the bike only used 1l on 5000km, and the performance didnt suffer. But parts are very cheap.

We were both carrying 30-35kg of luggage and never found this too heavy.

It is not a fast bike, but in traffic outside Europe we were always the fastest.

Cheers,

Peter

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Peter What would be you're thoughts on the rally as opposed to the L as an over landing bike, considering you have done more miles on a Crf than anyone I know, for those of you who don't know Peter is the Crf God have a look at Amsterdamtoanywhere.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Tim! Last week I had the chanche to see the rally and sit on it. I realy like it. If I had to buy new I would buy the rally. It has a few thing the CRFL lacks: bigger tank, windscreen, revcounter, good headlights. Also a few more horses, but not sure if it will make a difference. The one I sat on also had ABS with a dedicated on/off button, never realy needed ABS but I do like it.

It is heavier but there are less parts to add to make it overland ready.
I am not sure if the suspension is upgraded, do you know anything about this?

Cheers,

Peter

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Tim! Last week I had the chanche to see the rally and sit on it. I realy like it. If I had to buy new I would buy the rally. It has a few thing the CRFL lacks: bigger tank, windscreen, revcounter, good headlights. Also a few more horses, but not sure if it will make a difference. The one I sat on also had ABS with a dedicated on/off button, never realy needed ABS but I do like it.

It is heavier but there are less parts to add to make it overland ready.
I am not sure if the suspension is upgraded, do you know anything about this?

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Peter they say the suspension has been upgraded with a 43 mm showa fork all new prolink shock with 25mm more axle stroke and its allready been tuned for adventure? New throttle bodies, new air box, new exhaust, as you say a slightly larger tank up to a 2.66 gal ,22.8 to 24.4 hp and a better screen with the all important trip, larger floating discs, slightly taller,considering the lack of choice out there it definitely has a place but like every bike it's a compromise, I think the main market will be Asia but they will sell shed load over here, for the less die hard off-road warriors and the returning green lane riders, I think I'm allready sold on it

21 - 24 of 24 Posts