Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right all, anyone got one of these, i've just been lent one for a trip to Nurbering me and a friend are doing next week.

Good bit of kit but the sound is horrible, question is, can i muffle the microphone a bit to stop the wind and engine noise a bit, already played with the settings on the camera and set the sound on low.

All help and advise greatfully received

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Fake fur fixed over the microphone is the answer. Failing that some people have had good results with foam covers of walkman headphones.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
or just mute the player when you watch it, then edit it out and replace with suitable music,will hide the missed gears at least.

If you mount it behind the screen it does help rid the wind noise.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Right all, anyone got one of these, i've just been lent one for a trip to Nurbering me and a friend are doing next week.

Good bit of kit but the sound is horrible, question is, can i muffle the microphone a bit to stop the wind and engine noise a bit, already played with the settings on the camera and set the sound on low.

All help and advise greatfully received

Cheers
I have the same problem on mine i just went into the menu and turned the sound off. When ever i use it now i put a movie together with music

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thanks for the advise so far, i have cut down a walkman headphone cover and tried it and it gets rid of some of the wind noise, now i have added a small piece of foam as well and its working great, even the engine note is greatly cut but still audible, and the wind noise is non existant, even at legal speeds ;);)

good advise, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts