Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any1 know where I can get the original choke cable assembly for a 1988 nx650? is there a way to eliminate this. For example just plug the portion of the carburetor?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
does any1 know where I can get the original choke cable assembly for a 1988 nx650? is there a way to eliminate this. For example just plug the portion of the carburetor?
I used one of these on mine ,cant remember which model but it works fine.
Only downside is its on and off where as the cable can be a bit more spot accured when cold starting.

$_1.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. any chance I can just plug that portion of the carb and not use a choke cable? I found a screw to cap it with. will it ruin my bike?

·
Registered
741 Posts
How will you block the choke port? it needs to seal against the seat inside the carb.
Just blocking the hole in the top won't be enough I suspect.
How does it start and run with no choke?
The CA NX650 has a different leaner carb to the rest of the US market NX650's as well, you can check the carb to see if it is a CA model as it has it stamped on the side of the carb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How will you block the choke port? it needs to seal against the seat inside the carb.
Just blocking the hole in the top won't be enough I suspect.
How does it start and run with no choke?
The CA NX650 has a different leaner carb to the rest of the US market NX650's as well, you can check the carb to see if it is a CA model as it has it stamped on the side of the carb.
bike starts fine without the choke cable for now as i just blocked the top of the carb from the top. just don't know long term effects and would rather not find out the hard way. I bought a choke cable from eBay, but it is not the same. Original has a needle at the end. the one i bought on eBay is flat on the end. anyway, see the image, this is how i blocked it. and this is the stamp on the side. not sure if its a CA.
IMG_0867.jpg IMG_0866.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts