Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI FOLKS GOT BIT OF AN ISSUE WITH MY NEW TRANSALP 700 ITS AN 08 WITH 3500 MILE ON IT.
FRONT CYLINDER EXHAUST GLOWS RED AFTER A MINUTE ON LOW REV .
IV CHECKED PUMP PRESSURE AND CLEANED THE INJECTORS BUT STILL THE SAME.
I BELIEVE ITS RUNNING LEAN TO CAUSE THIS AS I HAVE AN 1987 TRANSALP 600 WHICH IS CARBS AND SHE HAD SAME ISSUE BUT WAS FIXED BY ADJUSTING THE MIXER SCREW OUT A COUPLE TURNS.
BUT WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN ITS INJECTED OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE THAT COULD CAUSE THIS.o_O

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Check your valve clearance and operation sounds like an open/stuck exhaust valve, there was someone on here a while back with the same problem but not sure if he ever posted what the fix was or if he fixed it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your valve clearance and operation sounds like an open/stuck exhaust valve, there was someone on here a while back with the same problem but not sure if he ever posted what the fix was or if he fixed it
Thanks i will try that tah. Think that was me as i asked same question about my 600 and ended up taking it to a garage and they balanced the carbs and and had to turn the screw out 4 turns instead of 1.5 for the front cylinder now runs a treat.
Its a possibility as the bike has sat for 4 year doing nothing other than go for a mot every year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts