Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure alot of you will have heard of Ernie and his company 'Overland Solutions' but for those of you who haven't he is legendary in the 'overlanding' world. He is not just a fabrication company but, designs and makes all manner of parts for bikes. Check out the website www.overland-solutions.com
Ernie did nearly all the prep on my bike for our trip and it's all first class stuff. He's also a really nice guy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ernie is a God!

Hey mate, just to add to your plug for Ernie,

I have recently returned from a Trans Africa trip from London to Cape Town and Ernie did all the work for the 3 bikes that we started with. Only 2 bikes finished, but not due to Ernie's modifications.

Ernie, does a great job on all bikes and I can't sing his praises loud enough. To check out how ernie modified our 2 AT's go to www.2k5africa.co.za and check out the pages on "Bikes" and the "Gallery" .

Mark

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
The reputation is miles better than the website, which doesn't seem to work at all. Click on motorbikes then Honda , then @ and then no matter what you click on, nothing happens, apart from the annoying clicking sound.
Whealie

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's working for me Motorcycles, Honda, AT then a drop down menu with photos of all the goodies.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
All I get is four upside down exclamation marks in blue circles. I have been back to the site and downloaded the Java and restarted the computer and still nothing.
Any site that makes viewing difficult is poorly designed. The site looks pretty tacky anyway from what I can see, what with all the little blinking bits and so on. I would like to get further though.
Just had a look on the Mac and got a bit further but still not to any photos.
That's the trouble with computers and especially web programmes. You can do loads of things with them but really shouldn't. If what you've done means other people have to reset their computers and download extra software most people will avoid it - many companies will not allow it.
Whealie

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Completely agree Wheelie,

Any company relying on Flash and Java to beef up their websites, doesn't have a good understanding of the web.

Shame, as the company got such a recommendation

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I posted them a message from their website asking a question about a pannier rack for my @ - and pointing out that I was unable to view their site. They claim a 48-hour response. I've heard nothing back since Thursday. I suppose I'll have to phone but, once again, feel a bit let down by them.
Whealie

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not Give Ernie a ring. He's a busy guy and when I used the company, a one man band so, he probably hasn't had time to check his messages. Whilst I can understand the frustration with the web-site the quality of his workmanship is superb.

Whealie, have you looked at the Metal Mule site. They do a decent rack for the AT. LB.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Why not Give Ernie a ring. He's a busy guy
he is. Just rang and got the answer machine. Will try again later.

have you looked at the Metal Mule site. They do a decent rack for the AT.
Have emailed to see if they have one to fit the RD04, cheers.
Whealie

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Emailed Metal Mule today. They just phoned, less than an hour and a half later, which is pretty good service. Unfortunately, they explained that their rack fits the RD07 and not the RD04 but for £40 they'd supply their fixing rig and I'd have the get the fittings welded myself.
Whealie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to let you know more about the Overland Solutions website,
use the side menus:
Satisfied customers
Honda
Africa Twin
Mark Kirby

Boom! That's where the pictures are!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts