Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, the part of my "Do up the Alp" puzzle came today from wemoto.com, but I think I might have a problem....

In my tiny mind both grips should have different diameters, so the throttle side should have a larger 'hole' to accommodate the throttle sheath - does that make sense? :)

Both the 'holes' on my brand new OE, wait-for-two-weeks-to-get-them grips are the same - approx 20mm.

They are made of very soft rubber so might be able to force it, but just wondering if I am right on this ?????

Thanks everyone :thumbleft:

p.s. I will pop the previous bark-buster-basher guards and all the gubbins that goes with them, on the forum if anyone wants them as soon as new grips are on! (just postage only)

·
Registered
406 Posts
That doesn't sound right. The left hand grip should be 22mm inside diameter (or ever so slightly smaller), the right side probably closer to 30mm (I'm not sure the exact size but it's standard across most bikes).

It sounds as if you've been sent two left grips. Or the grips are designed for a bicycle.....

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
wemoto are cheap but they do **** up a bit on the orders sometimes I got wheel bearings and seals and the sprocket carrier seal was the wrong size so I ended using the old one .

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That doesn't sound right. The left hand grip should be 22mm inside diameter (or ever so slightly smaller), the right side probably closer to 30mm (I'm not sure the exact size but it's standard across most bikes).

It sounds as if you've been sent two left grips. Or the grips are designed for a bicycle.....
Yes, you're right. Managed to squeeze it on, looked very odd! Left one perfect ! Dammit !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts