Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me who the owner of this @ SuperMoto is?

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
No, but do you know anything about it (the picture, not the bike!)? Where'd you find it, f'rinstance?

[hi-jack] Coming down your way tomorrow, make sure the sun shines please, oh and I'd like at least + 10 centigrade, too!! :wink: [/hi-jack]

Serioulsy, if you've got some more info, it might make things easier!

Cheers
-Simon

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was posted by someone (I forget who) on this site, or that's where I first saw it anyway.

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Sorry I can't help.

But what about the weather, I've heard all about typhoons, tornados and tempests where you are. What can you arrange for tomorrow in Devon? :D :D :D

-Simon

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sporadic rain.

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's wrong with it? The only thing I'd change is the high front mud guard.

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What, is that just 'cause of the 17" wheels, or something else? Be specific. What should the guy do in order to correct the puke factor?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Black wheels and a decent mudguard/fork protectors may help

The bike is top heavy looking and needs beefing up down below.

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Carport said:
Black wheels and a decent mudguard/fork protectors may help

The bike is top heavy looking and needs beefing up down below.
What about getting rid of the longer "rhino's tusk" windscreen and replacing the high mudguard with a sportsbike style front hugger like so?

G

·
I think 17" rims are a bit radical and the front mudguard looks as if it's from a moped. It would look better with spoked wheels, 19" rim on the front, a smaller screen and close fitting mudguard. The black bike looks more in proportion.

That said, I much prefer the rugged off-road look of the AT. Big chunky nobbly's on 21" rims do it for me.

·
Registered
443 Posts
LaughingBob said:
I think 17" rims are a bit radical and the front mudguard looks as if it's from a moped. It would look better with spoked wheels, 19" rim on the front, a smaller screen and close fitting mudguard. The black bike looks more in proportion.

That said, I much prefer the rugged off-road look of the AT. Big chunky nobbly's on 21" rims do it for me.
I'd disagree - I prefer the look of the RWB one to the black one :lol: - the low mudguard just looks wrong to me.

Bear in mind that the RWB one is on the centrestand, so the suspension is at full extension unlike the black one. That'll make it look much more gangly looking than it would when on its wheels + especially with a rider on board.

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LaughingBob said:
Trouble is, from what I can tell 19" tyres are very hard to come by, unlike 17" tyres that're made for most, if not all sports and Motard bikes. Given the choice I would opt for 19" wheels too, but there you are. If converting an @ to a Motard it seems that 17" is the way to go.

As for spokes, I'd have to opt for the full alloys rather than traditional spokes, 'cause, quite frankly, normal spokes are hell to clean at the best of times even with trail wheels without making the wheels even smaller still! Besides, the sportsbike wheels have kinda grown on me. Rather than the classic look, they give the bike a more futuristic sporty look, and maybe more attitude too.

stoo said:
I'd disagree - I prefer the look of the RWB one to the black one :lol: - the low mudguard just looks wrong to me.
Ahhh, my fellow Motard fan has arrived! :thumbup: I knew it wouldn't be long somehow. :wink: I really don't know about the high mudguard. In that pic I think it looks kinda weird, like it's growing outa the bulbous nose cone of the bike. On the other hand, it could look alright if seen from another angle. And as you've said, the fact that it's off its wheels could be making it look strange too.

stoo said:
Bear in mind that the RWB one is on the centrestand, so the suspension is at full extension unlike the black one. That'll make it look much more gangly looking than it would when on its wheels + especially with a rider on board.
I think the fact that it's been photographed whilst off its wheels could be the whole problem with the looks of the bike. If taken off the stand and put onto its suspension it may look quite a lot better.

G

·

Bear in mind that the RWB one is on the centrestand, so the suspension is at full extension unlike the black one. That'll make it look much more gangly looking than it would when on its wheels + especially with a rider on board.[/quote]

I suppose there maybe some distortion in the photo as well. The colour scheme, I agree, is far superior :lol: Each to there own I suppose but, not to my taste.

·
Banned
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've just been thinking, what would you all think about the same wheels as those in the first pic but done up in metallic chrome blue? Would those look any better and lose the puke factor?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Taz said:
I've just been thinking, what would you all think about the same wheels as those in the first pic but done up in metallic chrome blue? Would those look any better and lose the puke factor?
That would look nice, but the biggest faux pas is the front mudguard.

It needs lowering or a lower one added a la DR800.

like this one :arrow: http://www.jazzduo.ch/images/Dr800.jpg

Otherwise it is well :pukeright:

As mentioned, a pic of it, off the centre stand would help.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts