Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and bought some Oxford Hotgrips for my 'Alp yesterday. I've studied the wiring diagram which looks fairly simple even for an electrical novice like me! However I noticed that it says that it's better to wire them so that they switch on/off with the ignition rather than run them straight off the battery and risk flattening it when you forget to turn the switch off. That sounds like a sensible suggestion as I just know I'll forget to turn them off one day...

So can anyone suggest the easiest way I can connect the positive feed so that it swictches on/off witht the ignition? I'm looking for real simplicity here....any fancy talk about cutting into "looms" is not going to fly with my rather basic electrical knowledge!

Cheers

G

·
I wired my oxford grips to the output side of the fuse box to the fan circuit. very easy to connect to. the heated grips have their own fuse and chances of the fan kicking up at the same time the heated grips are on are pretty remote. So you wont overload that circuit and its controlled by the ignition.

Dont forget there is an in and out of the fuse box so take the fan fuse out, turn ignition on and then check which side is live and which isnt. Just connect to the side which isnt live without a fuse in. Also added protection with the fan fuse to protect bike wiring.

Paul

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks v much. Fan circuit seems a good option and I should be able to cope with that! Just need to find my multimeter and I'll be in business!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts