Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i have been in contact with the Organizers of the Paddydakar 2012.At this moment in time 2.7.12 the Event is ON HOLD.Due to recent accidents at Motorsport events in the South of Ireland in the last few weeks where Spectators were injured and unfortunately one person was killed,The event is not going to be allowed to run UNLESS an Insurance Cover which is going to cost a small fortune to cover the Competitors and Spectators is in place.The organisers do not want or expect the Competitors to pay a huge entry fee to cover the Insurance Cost for what is a Charity Event and is not for Financial Gain .The Organizers are trying to bring on board Local or National Companys to cover the cost of the Insurance,So everything is on hold at the moment.Please let any of the forum members that where planning to take part in the Paddydakar know about this.Cheers Francis

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's a pity, but I hope they can overcome this glitch.

Attended this for two years now and such a great event and a great bunch of people.:cheers:

fingers crossed eh!

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Just like to say, I approached Francis about this as myself and Steve T were getting nowhere

Big up for francis :thumbup:, many thanks for taking the time to follow up. Not good news, but hey, better knowing now than later on.

Not giving up as yet, but doesn't look good :(

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Thanks Francis

I hope it does get resolved - I'll post this on ABR too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts