Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Which Sun readers would those be??? Murdoch scum...Remember Hillsborough? XRV peeps are surely far too discerning. :rolleyes:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Which Sun readers would those be??? Murdoch scum...Remember Hillsborough? XRV peeps are surely far too discerning. :rolleyes:
My memory goes back to Wapping.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
[HR][/HR]

Any of you Sun readers support this 'No More Page Three' petition ?
Unsurprisingly I don't read the Sun but it's about time it was scrapped. At the very least it would put an end to their hypocritical bleets about the over sexualisation of children whilst having page 3. :thumb:

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
Sadly so does mine. So many reasons NOT to read the Sun.
I'd have thought with your left wing agenda you'd be in favour of this ;):-D

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
The Sun is a piece of trash, and while we're talking trash, look MPJ mine is bigger than yours :toothy10:

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
The Sun is a piece of trash, and while we're talking trash, look MPJ mine is bigger than yours :toothy10:
:-D:-D:-D:-D that's fantastic!! I love it. Now that's my kind of avatar. Thank you for bringing a smile (and a laugh) to my face. :toothy10:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
[HR][/HR]

Any of you Sun readers support this 'No More Page Three' petition ?

Sorry, this is a motorcycle forum, and everyone on here is far too serious and boring to become involved in debates about breasts, even though we all come in to this world as naked as jay-birds, and many many men now have bigger tits than the topless girl laying next to them on the beach.

Actually, naked baps on page 3 should be the least of modern societies concerns. Giving degrading a$$holes like Keith Lemon and Alan Carr stages and air time, to talk about "smashing back doors in" should be more on the minds of people that think they're funny and acceptable. Moral decline isnt fuelled by naked breasts (although I certainly wouldn't miss page 3). MPJ is right, phallus and breasts have been kicking around in ancient Rome, Greece, Eygpt and Japan long before the Internet and the sun, so what's suddenly made them unacceptable? Should we also be asking for a few portraits in the national gallery to be covered up, statues around London removed, and national geographic magazine to be banned??

Grow up the lot of you. If you don't want to look at tits, don't buy the Sun!

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
What is it with parts of society being determined to inflict their morals (or lack of them) on others?

If you don't like to see boobs on page 3 then buy a different newspaper. There are other papers, and with probably one exception, they are all better reads.

If you don't agree on same sex marriage then don't go to one but don't try and stop others who do.

If you don't like independent films that criticise Islam then don't watch them and watch happy Islamic films instead.

It's just these sort of bigoted views that gave us the Viewers and Listeners association and Mary Whitehouse and for those of us old enough to remember that's the last place we want to be again.

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
P.S. I love tits, but have never ever bought a copy of the Sun!!!
me too or at least not in many years, and if no one bought it would dissapear down it,s own sewer hopefully

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
I've not said nor intimated that which you've ascribed to me Bob. I, unlike you, do dislike Page 3 and don't consider it harmless. I don't feel I need to grow up as a result of this. Then again unlike you I don't consider the language of Alan Carr offensive or upsetting. Nor do I consider it of more concern than the Sun.

I also think you'll find the average Titian, Bronzino or Raphael a tad different to page 3. Needless to say I disagree with what you appear to be saying.

If your argument is one about censorship then that's a separate matter from what the campaign against Page 3 is.

Oh and please don't misquote me. I support the campaign.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The Sun isn't the only newspaper to run Page 3 girls. Every red top does so don't buy The Mirror, Star, People or Sport if your really that scared of breasts.

Bunch of t*ts!

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
The Sun isn't the only newspaper to run Page 3 girls. Every red top does so don't buy The Mirror, Star, People or Sport if your really that scared of breasts.

Bunch of t*ts!
Strangely I'm not scared of breasts, I have a pair and they don't frighten me at all. It's what the pictures stand for as opposed to the sight of bare mammaries which is the problem. Yes, the Star could be banned too. Good idea. Most of those who support Page 3 seem to be scared of women breast feeding in public. Now that is fear of breasts.

Certainly the cessation of print of all of the papers you name wouldn't be a loss to the printing world. What a jolly good suggestion.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
I've not said nor intimated that which you've ascribed to me Bob. I, unlike you, do dislike Page 3 and don't consider it harmless. I don't feel I need to grow up as a result of this. Then again unlike you I don't consider the language of Alan Carr offensive or upsetting. Nor do I consider it of more concern than the Sun.

I also think you'll find the average Titian, Bronzino or Raphael a tad different to page 3. Needless to say I disagree with what you appear to be saying.

If your argument is one about censorship then that's a separate matter from what the campaign against Page 3 is.

Oh and please don't misquote me. I support the campaign.

What I've ascribed to? Oh... I get it, you mean what I typed! It's funny, I just got the impression that when you said ":iconbiggrin::iconbiggrin::iconbiggrin::iconbiggrin: that's fantastic!! I love it. Now that's my kind of avatar" that you liked that big wooden penis, and approved of it as an avatar? I must have got it wrong then.

I don't remember describing page 3 as harmless, although I do remember pointing out that naked baps have been around since Eve pioneered the first fine set of prototypes. Plenty of pictures of her, selling her immoral body in school books... perhaps they should come off the shelves too?

Don't worry about me misquoting you, because I didn't. I just said "MPJ is right, which was me just pointing out that I thought it was a lovely wooden dick too!

Tits are tits, and it doesn't matter to me whether they're on the beach, on top of some granite or bronze pillar, gracing something in the national portrait gallery, or on a French TV ad, they're all the same, attached to women. It would seem that it's acceptable for them to sell Olay, but not the Sun?

If you're NOT buying the Sun, you are clearly supporting the campaign!

:toothy9:

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
I don't remember describing page 3 as harmless, although I do remember pointing out that naked baps have been around since Eve pioneered the first fine set of prototypes. Plenty of pictures of her, selling her immoral body in school books... perhaps they should come off the shelves too?
That does seem to be the general tenor of your arguments though isn't it (that it's all harmless fun).

Don't worry about me misquoting you, because I didn't. I just said "MPJ is right, which was me just pointing out that I thought it was a lovely wooden dick too
Then type that more clearly, it's not how it's come across. It would also seem to be related to another thread.
Tits are tits, and it doesn't matter to me whether they're on the beach, on top of some granite or bronze pillar, gracing something in the national portrait gallery, or on a French TV ad, they're all the same, attached to women. It would seem that it's acceptable for them to sell Olay, but not the Sun?

If you're NOT buying the Sun, you are clearly supporting the campaign!
Actually it would be good if naked women could stop being used to advertise shower gel/olay etc. What about a naked man for a change?

Ps glad you like co*k. That explains a few things ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Why are you moaning about this now? 40 odd years too late me thinks. And on a bike forum?
Anyway I read a few different newspapers a day, page 3 doesn't bother me...I don't like or dislike it but I guess most people do like it or it wouldn't still be here and I must add no one is forced into revealing themselves to millions of readers!

Strangely I'm not scared of breasts, I have a pair and they don't frighten me at all. It's what the pictures stand for as opposed to the sight of bare mammaries which is the problem. Yes, the Star could be banned too. Good idea. Most of those who support Page 3 seem to be scared of women breast feeding in public. Now that is fear of breasts.

Certainly the cessation of print of all of the papers you name wouldn't be a loss to the printing world. What a jolly good suggestion.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Actually it would be good if naked women could stop being used to advertise shower gel/olay etc. What about a naked man for a change?
Yes. Lets have men advertising women's makeup and sanitary towels. It's only fair you know.

I suggest that when it comes to sexually exploitative images in advertising it's men that are usually the ones being exploited. The difference is you appear not to get too many men complaining about it as we don't tend to have the same inferiority complexes many women do when we see an image that portrays someone more attractive then themselves.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts