Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 174 Posts

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
I don't... but some people do and that's no reason to ban it. ,

Just like page 3 in fact.
Except breastfeeding is a natural process that uses breasts for what they were intended for. It isn't something demeaning or degrading (unlike Page 3). I've never heard anyone equate the two.

However, quite a lot of those who leer at Page 3 do object to women breastfeeding. Very strange that.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Perhaps because men aren't used to advertise everything whilst wearing no or very few clothes and not treated as sexual objects you view such adverts differently. Have you considered how you'd feel to such adverts if it was a case of naked men being used all the time? How you'd view such matters if the only way for you (men) to get a decent wage was to take your clothes off? If you were viewed only as decorative. In essence if men were in the role of women. As we all know, the personal is political.

Perhaps I'd just like some equality in advertising. And wages. And an end to sexism.
You still haven't addressed the coke ad. Show me one recent UK TV advert that sexually exploits women to the same extent than the coke one and I'll eat my hat. And before you ask again I still don't care about that coke ad, I just want to get the point over when it comes to sexual exploitation men probably get it worse than women. It's just we don't complain about it.

Anyway. I assume you get a decent wage with the expectation of being in the top 10% of earners and all without having to undress in the process. In fact you get to dress up to do your job don't you?

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
Err.. Because they are not offended and they get paid for it... A bit like a job in fact

I'd much rather get my jugs out that work 11 hours a day but alas my jugs cant compete... Maybe we should campaign that page 5 should be kept aside for fat blokes and ugly birds.
That avoids my question. Why do they seek justification through exposing themselves? Why is that the only well paid job available. You've also ignored what I've said about naked men being used to advertise products as much as naked women. I take it you would support a campaign for nubile, young abd toned naked men to be shown in newspapers and advertising campaigns. It's all harmless and inoffensive.

Oh and it should be a well toned and good looking man on Page 2, not an ugly fat bloke most women are stuck coming home to.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
That avoids my question. Why do they seek justification through exposing themselves? Why is that the only well paid job available. You've also ignored what I've said about naked men being used to advertise products as much as naked women. I take it you would support a campaign for nubile, young abd toned naked men to be shown in newspapers and advertising campaigns. It's all harmless and inoffensive.

Oh and it should be a well toned and good looking man on Page 2, not an ugly fat bloke most women are stuck coming home to.
It may not be the only well paid job around. But from what I understand it's both well paid and short hours. (a bit like the legal profession)

As for naked men in ads. I honestly couldn't give two hoots. It's a body. Some are nicer than others and if you are gifted in that department then go for it. Who am I to dictate how you choose to make a living.. I have to be some sort of control freak to do that.

Honesty you are barking up the wrong tree with this line. They could be naked with donuts on their knobs for all I care.

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
You still haven't addressed the coke ad. Show me one recent UK TV advert that sexually exploits women to the same extent than the coke one and I'll eat my hat. And before you ask again I still don't care about that coke ad, I just want to get the point over when it comes to sexual exploitation men probably get it worse than women. It's just we don't complain about it.

Anyway. I assume you get a decent wage with the expectation of being in the top 10% of earners and all without having to undress in the process. In fact you get to dress up to do your job don't you?
I have addressed the diet coke advert- it's on the second paragraph. You've ignored what I've asked you in the first. Men are not exploited in advertising as women are and I think deep down you know that.

As to top 10%- I got an expensive post graduate education to be in this position. And no, female barristers don't earn the same as men. For many reasons including the area of law they go into, child breaks and on average a lower hourly rate than men (not to mention being asked illegal questions as to marital status at interview). It's something the Bar Council is interested in along with retention of women post 10 year call.

·
Stone Crazy
5,316 Posts
does the problem not go back to the stone age and wrapping ourselves in skins, if we where all walking around stark bollock naked there would not be this problem , well the victorians as well for being so prudish about the human body,

Reactions: Sharribee

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
It may not be the only well paid job around. But from what I understand it's both well paid and short hours.

As for naked men in ads. I honestly couldn't give two hoots. It's a body. Some are nicer than others and if you are gifted in that department then go for it. Who am I to dictate how you choose to make a living.. I have to be some sort of control freak to do that.

Honesty you are barking up the wrong tree with this line. They could be naked with donuts on their knobs for all I care.
Alas the highest paid jobs for women (taking into account hours etc) tend to be those involving selling sex. I did ask, and you've not answered, how you'd feel if it was always naked men being used to advertise products? If you were consistently paid less than women and treated as a decorative and sexual object. Do you not think that would shape your view? As said already, we all know that quote the personal is political.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I have addressed the diet coke advert- it's on the second paragraph. You've ignored what I've asked you in the first. Men are not exploited in advertising as women are ANC I think deep down you know that.
No you haven't you said
mpj said:

As to the diet coke ad- are you voicing disquiet and complaint at a man being leered at and portrayed as a sex object?

Which I'm sick of answering. I think you are avoiding giving me an answer as you would have to admit you operate double standards.

As to top 10%- I got an expensive post graduate education to be in this position. And no, female barristers don't earn the same as men. For many reasons including the area of law they go into, child breaks and on average a lower hourly rate than men (not to mention being asked illegal questions as to marital status at interview). It's something the Bar Council is interested in along with retention of women post 10 year call.
Being forced into different areas of law, being asked illegal questions and having a womb just because you are a woman. You should get some legal advice on that. PDSquire on here may be able to help you.

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
does the problem not go back to the stone age and wrapping ourselves in skins, if we where all walking around stark bollock naked there would not be this problem , well the victorians as well for being so prudish about the human body,
That would be rather cold!

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts

You've cracked it Merv... that's it... bloody cavemen!!

061110-Raquel-Welch-400.jpg

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
No you haven't you said

Which I'm sick of answering. I think you are avoiding giving me an answer as you would have to admit you operate double standards.[/COLOR]

Being forced into different areas of law, being asked illegal questions and having a womb just because you are a woman. You should get some legal advice on that. PDSquire on here may be able to help you.
Unlikely as he doesn't do employment law. I also think you'll find you ignored the bit about a lower hourly wage. I didn't raise the issue of a uterus.

I answered your diet coke point in paragraph 2 of my post timed 2211.

You've yet to answer whether you'd view it differently if it was always naked men being used to advertise products, being paid less and treated as decorative.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Alas the highest paid jobs for women (taking into account hours etc) tend to be those involving selling sex. I did ask, and you've not answered, how you'd feel if it was always naked men being used to advertise products? If you were consistently paid less than women and treated as a decorative and sexual object. Do you not think that would shape your view? As said already, we all know that quote the personal is political.
I suspect the highest paid jobs full stop are for selling sex. Men or women. Have you any idea how much a quickie costs these days?

Listen up I'll say it again

I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT NAKED MEN IN ADVERTISING. For goodness sake woman listen instead of talking for once.

Yes if I did the same job as a woman and she got paid more I would get humpty and a woman has ever right to equal pay but what that has to do with page 3 or advertising is a mystery to me.

Still waiting for an equally exploitive ad as the coke one. I take it you still can't find one.

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
I have answered every single one of your points even though you have chosen to raise at times completely facetious arguments (breastfeeding and page 3? The PD squire comment?) so your comment about listening is unjustified. It is you who's chosen not to respond to my points. Oh and don't address me in such a fashion, I've been polite and not made this personal.

I'm still waiting on whether you'd still think the same about naked men and advertising if it was the other way round; if men were always being used in that way. If men were treated as decorative. I'll hazard a guess that the answer is no.

Men don't get paid as much in the sex industry as women. Men find higher wages without having to sell their bodies.

As to leering men and female adverts- the average motorbike advert? Watching men at a motorbike show? Sophie Dahl in that perfume advert? The current Coco Mademoiselle advert? You can't really believe men are anywhere near as exploited as women in advertising.

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
"Like co*k? Jesus girl, I love co*k, why do you think I'm on here pretending to like bikes and stalking all these innocent impressionable men? There's nothing like a bit of Navy Cake to keep you warm on a cold winters night!!!
:toothy9:
That has got to be the funniest line I've read on a bike forum in years..........................classic!! :toothy10:

And thanks to this thread, I see we've managed to drag Stumpyfingers out into the open again - Hi Simon - good to see you on here :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Now all we need for a reasoned debate is to invite Sean and JasonBC to this thread ;)..................

That is all. :joker:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I have answered every single one of your points even though you have chosen to raise at times completely facetious arguments (breastfeeding and page 3? The PD squire comment?) so your comment about listening is unjustified.

Raise Page 3... Let me check the thread title... Oh it's "Page Three"

Oh and don't address me in such a fashion, I've been polite and not made this personal.
Fair point sorry. Reminds me of a woman I worked with years ago that wouldn't use the word woman as it had the word man in it. She used womin instead.

I'm still waiting on whether you'd still think the same about naked men and advertising if it was the other way round; if men were always being used in that way. If men were treated as decorative. I'll hazard a guess that the answer is no.
Then you guessed wrong.

Let me recap

In post 36
Boris said:
Not at all. I couldn't care less but I'm happy with my lot and don't have low self esteem. If women want to leer at men and the man is happy to be leered at then what business is of of mine?

and again in post 43

Boris said:
And before you ask again I still don't care about that coke ad, I just want to get the point over when it comes to sexual exploitation men probably get it worse than women. It's just we don't complain about it.

then there is post 45
Boris said:

They could be naked with donuts on their knobs for all I care.

and not forgetting post 54
Boris said:
I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT NAKED MEN IN ADVERTISING.

Need I go on.

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
Raise Page 3... Let me check the thread title... Oh it's "Page Three"
that's another facetious point on your part. You equated breastfeeding to Page 3 which was silly.
Fair point sorry. Reminds me of a woman I worked with years ago that wouldn't use the word woman as it had the word man in it. She used womin instead.
Nothing to do with the word man. It was the manner in which you addressed me. I've not been personal and yet you've referred to my profession(irrelevant), told me to seek help from a colleague who does a completely separate area of law (I'm 9 years call, I'm quite capable of doing things unsupervised), and told me to listen. I'd always thought you polite!

Then you guessed wrong.
I doubt it. Stop and think about it. Don't just give an answer for the sake of this thread. Your personal experiences of the world (as a man) shape how you view things such as Page 3. If you were constantly exploited it's unlikely you'd be so blasé about Diet Coke ads. As said to you before (and ignored by you), maybe it would be nice if there was equality in adverts and naked men were used as much as women. The examples of answers you've referred to were given without you answering my question btw.

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
I'm not getting involved - all I will say is that I like tits and couldnt care less about the campaign - It wont succeed! Nobody is being exploited, its choice wether to get your kit off for the sun same as its a choice to buy it. Anyhow Bob really does like cock, however he has a dungrut like a torn welly.... And MPJ if the deal is right I'll be your page 3 model....

·
Doh!!!!!
753 Posts
I'm not getting involved - all I will say is that I like tits and couldnt care less about the campaign - It wont succeed! Nobody is being exploited, its choice wether to get your kit off for the sun same as its a choice to buy it. Anyhow Bob really does like cock, however he has a dungrut like a torn welly.... And MPJ if the deal is right I'll be your page 3 model....
see above re exploitation

Ps thank you for volunteering. £5ph sound fair?;)

41 - 60 of 174 Posts