Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I bought a AT RD04 this year because with my KTM SMC I could not do long rides. My Problem with the RD04 is now, that I get pain between my shoulders after an hour on the bike. Which is kinda stupid because I bought it for long rides. I already use handlebar risers and adjusted the bar as close to me as I could. I dont have any problems with my shoulders on my KTM. Do you have any ideas what I could try? I am 1,75m tall.

Regards
Peterquelle

·
Registered
75 Posts
Look at the "sweep" of the handlebars on each bike. Do they look different? Do the AT bars sweep back towards you more and the KTM bars look more straight?

I have found that changing bars makes for a huge difference in my overall comfort on longer rides.

If that doesn't help, then 100 push-ups every morning ought' to do the trick. :oops:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have a similar problem on my latest bike a CB750F2N a retro roadster. OK actually riding it but after I have an ache between my shoulders and click from a shoulder joint. had a similar bike some years ago then no problem, perhaps getting older does not help! Not started to investigate it yet.but there is more lean forward than the adventure bikes I often ride (Transalp 600 & 650, XRV750, Varadero 1000) and the bars are narrower.
Had the same problem with a CN250 maxiscooter.it seemed to be wrist and arm angle which could not be altered as the bars were fixed position, so sold it..
With a CB750 automatic I solved the problem by moving the bars a few degrees to change the wrist, arm, lean angles.
Seemingly small changes may cure it, you could try Motorcycle Ergonomics seeing the stats for bikes you are comfortable/uncomfortable on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts