Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comparing apples & oranges but I traded my ST1300 today and picked up my new TA 700 from Lloyd Honda, Carlisle. Great guys, always welcoming and good service. :cool:

Feeling a lot more of the road on the TA, that's a good & bad thing, I know more about what the bikes doing but miss the comfort. Any advice on suspension adjustment?

Missing the wind protection for my knees, but the helmet wind blast is less than the Pan, unless you really raise the screen, at which point fuel consumption goes up and stability goes down.

Thought it would be way down on power, it is literally half the Pan specs, but not had any problems on overtakes etc even tied to <6k revs whilst running in. Someone mention magic dust? The engine obviously isn't as smooth or powerful but the TA is a twin rather than V4.

The TA seat mount / design needs updating. I was going to put my battery powered radio under there but it's such a fiddle getting it back on I'll house it somewhere else.

Oh and before I forget, apparently there's a serious problem with the TA brakes, I can't get it to stop on my drive... :thumbright:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Just proves what an under rated bike they are :thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
How odd- thought it was just mine that had a brake problem-never seems to stop on my drive either! Check tyre pressures and rear susp setting-makes huge difference-also depends on tyres-found that ride improved greatly when i fitted Michelin Anakees-not to mention grip in wet!
Have fun!

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Excellent DGRider, I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the Alp after your Pan. I made a simmilar transition in 2005 when I bought a 650 after running 2 Pan Euro ST1100s in succession. That got me into the "trailie" thing, indroduced me to this forum, and after a year or so I traded the 650 for a KTM 990 that I ran for 2 years. I found I was missing the sheer simplicity and joy of the Alp so much I got myself a 700 last august and the KTM now belongs to another member here.

As has been said many many times around here there is just something about the Transalp that we can't define - it just does what it claims to do gets on with the job and is utterly reliable.

Standard OE tyres (Trailwings) are it's only weakpoint but a few thousand miles does for them and I'm getting Conti Trail Attacks next - I'm just waiting for a rear to arrive in stock

Happy days.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check tyre pressures and rear susp setting-makes huge difference
Checked my pressures this morning before a ride out to Peebles with the Dumfries IAM. They needed a couple of pounds and I softened the suspension a quarter turn. Feels much better and even more confident. Didn't seem to help where the council seem to have forgotten how to maintain the roads but I guess you'd know that being from Annan?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts