Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Been lurking for a bit, bout time I said hello.
Have an 08 Transalp and I'm looking to sort out panniers/top box for it. Done the search bit but couple of questions.
What is a reasonable size of pannier on the Transalp? I'd presumed something big may well fit a GS but be a bit big and heavy on the Alp?
Are 'Ardman' boxes still made? Any websites/email or prices still about.
I've had a FUEL exhaust fitted, and can fit same size pannier to both sides.
Any other current info on racks or boxes gratefully received!
Cheers, Paul.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The preferences are wide ranging but I would recommend the SWMotech racks and a set of 36Ltr panniers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.
Like the look of your set up McGyver, even got the same colour bike. Can you get 2 helmets in the topbox?
Paul

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've two Touratech 35 litre on my 700 and they're a good fit. Has 41's on th eold alp and they were a bit big in my view. Have the standard Honda top box, but generally use a Kreiga pack across the back if touring

Iain

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Ive got a set of Givi's too, great kit and the Givi racks work well as rear end crash bars too.

Keyless panniers E41 on the side and a E360 top - I use a topbox daily and didnt want the biggest available but the E360 takes 2 helmets just so suits a day out with the wife without panniers - the E41's are excellent for holidays, take loads of gear for camping and the ease of access to the top of them means I can get at wets or thermals really easily.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have the SWMotech Racks and Alpos Panniers and the work well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts