Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Professional Geek
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I have a big bunch of bits for sale. All of this stuff is in Shoreham-by-Sea, near Brighton. Collection preferred, but will sort parcelfarce delivery if need be, let me know! All parts fit a late model RD07, either bought for, or came off my 2002 bike. I've put prices against everything as a guide, but feel free to make me an offer.

USED stuff:

SW-Motech Crash bars. Best on the market for the AT, great protection (I didn't damage a single panel in Africa!!), easy to fit, and don't snap the bash-plate lugs when you drop the bike. These did go to Africa, so there are some scratches on both bars but they are perfectly straight. Currently £97.15 from wemoto, yours for £50

Touratech twin seat - this did not go to Africa. Looks great, and comfier than stock. Only damage I know of is a little tear on the underside of the cover at the rear - can't see it when it's on the bike. £245.38 new from TT, yours for £150.

Complete set of bodywork - Fuel tank (no dents, but without cap), top fairing, side panels (one crack, one missing lug), rear side panels. Painted plain white. Paintwork quality not great and there are a few scratches here and there but generally sound. Ideal second set to keep originals smart, or could be sanded down and repainted :D £100 the lot.

SW-Motech Centre Stand - easier to use than the Honda one. New from wemoto for £89, yours for £50. I'll even throw in some new split pins!

Touratech Steel Mesh Headlamp Protector - Tough, practical and seriously butch! Undamaged. £55 from TT, yours for £30

Bar Risers - the offset nippy normans ones that despite the Honda clamps pointing back towards the rider, raise the bars vertically upwards by 30mm or so. As new condition and a great mod if you want to ride standing up, £35 from Nippy Normans, yours for £17.50

Ohlins Rear Shock -
the single best mod you can make to an AT, just works so much better than stock. New these cost over £660 including VAT. Give your AT the suspension she deserves for £450.

*********** Progressive Fork Springs - Another great mod, and easy to fit. When combined with slightly thicker fork oil than stock you can get the front to feel almost as good as the Ohlins back end. £90 new, yours for £45.

Remus Grand Prix Exhaust (Aluminium) - Sounds great, saves weight and probably gives you an extra horsepower. One of the all-time favourite cans for the AT, about 30kg lighter than the stock unit ;) £260 new if you can find one, yours for £130.

Standard Honda Fuel Pump - Removed from a 2002 bike after 15,000 miles in five years, and replaced with a Facet as part of the trip-prep. It was then carried as a spare but not needed. Full working order when it came off, but the connector was snipped off the flylead and replaced with bullets (so I could fit the connector to the Facet). All this means is that when you fit it, you'll have to cut the connector off your old one. £89 new from David Silver, yours for £30.

And the NEW UNUSED STUFF:

Genuine Honda Brake Levers (Two Available) - Brand new and unused in Honda packets, carried as spares and not used. Cost £45 each new from main dealer (I know!) but are stronger than cheap pattern ones and will bend rather than just snap. Yours for £15 each.

Genuine Honda Clutch Levers (Two Available) - As per brake levers, brand new in Honda Packets. Cost about £20 each new, yours for £10 each.

Genuine Honda Throttle Cables (Pair) - Brand new, unused in Honda Packets. Cost about £30 the pair from honda, yours for £15 the pair.

SKF Wheel Bearings and Oil Seals (Full bike set) - Brand new SKF bearings (three for the back, two for the front) and all four brand new seals (one of which is £7.85+VAT from Honda!!). Thirty-five quid's worth of the best quality bearings money can buy and twenty quid's worth of oil seals for £35

TKC80 Tyres -
New and unused at Busters prices. Rear £65, Front £49 or the pair for £100 - more than 10% off the already cheap Busters Price!

PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call!

Cheers,
dan.

·
Registered
344 Posts
PMed about bar risers

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi

PM sent re bar risers and tyres

Thanks,

Tony K

·
eel be alright, won't er?
222 Posts
Hi,
PM sent RE:
Touratech Steel Mesh Headlamp Protector
A clutch and brake lever

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hi PM sent Re Fork springs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, PM sent RE, seat, 1 brake lever, 1 clutch lever, wheel bearings.

·
Professional Geek
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whoah there tigers - I should clearly have asked higher prices!! The feeding frenzy has begun, thanks for all the interest guys. I'll get in touch with everyone as soon as I can, probably phoning round this evening, and I'll start PM'ing some answers to queries now.

Items will each be offered to the first person to have shown an interest, if that person backs out or if they wanted it posted and it's going to cost too much I'll move on to the second person etc.

Thanks again for the interest, I'll be in touch soon!

·
Professional Geek
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So what you buying with all this new extra cash.............
:D Oooh let me see! All sorts of exciting purchases - like car insurance, road tax, a late licensing fine for a bike whose SORN expired while I was away, and If there's anything left I might invest in a litre or so of petrol!!

It's good to be back in Blighty :toothy10:

Oh, and realistically, food/bills/mortgage for the next month or so until I get my first pay packet from being back at work! :D:happy2::D

·
Registered
Honda XRV 750 RD07 AFRICA TWIN 1995
82 Posts
Would be intrested in throttle cables and head lamp protector and crash bars, can you let me know if any of these items are still up for grabs,I would need you to post these items I'm in Manchester you can contact me via the site or my mobile 07900191339,
Cheers!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi Dan,

Tried to contact you but your PM mailbox is full hope all is well with you. Drop me a PM when you get the chance.

Cheers,

Ian.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts