Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passed with 2 minor riding faults.

The first was nearly stalling on the slow ride with the examiner walking behind me. I couldn't see him so i had no idea if my slow riding was slow enough.
Second point was for doing 48kph through the speed and obstical avoidance (should be 50)

I was so nervous just before the test beause the two lads I was with both failed because they skidded on the emergency stop.

Anyhoo, Its all smiles now :p:p:p:p:p:p

wizard

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep both skidded, I was sure my estop had a micro skid, but the examinor seemed happed enough.
They both did 5 to 6 footers, you could see the smoke from the outside of the fence on one of them.

wizard

·
Registered
49 Posts
phew ,, im glad I did mine in the good old days when the examiner would hide somewhere around the route and then step out . .. funny really as everyone I knew said they could see him running across the park in his sam brown reflective stripe getting ready to hide behind a tree :p
Well done ;-)
just out of interest , how many parts are there to a bike test these days ? seems theres more than 1 ?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well done! Not long now until the open road on that AT for the summer!

Two parts to the practical test, module 1 is at an off road centre and involves your manoeuvres etc, module 2 is the on road part.

Before that of course there is the CBT and theory!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well done! Not long now until the open road on that AT for the summer!

Two parts to the practical test, module 1 is at an off road centre and involves your manoeuvres etc, module 2 is the on road part.

Before that of course there is the CBT and theory!
and money lots and lots of money.
I recon if you couldnt ride a bike and you started the DAS you wouldnt have much change from a grand.

But its worth it in the end.

wizard

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Well done boyo. Where in the great metropolis of Cardiff you living as there are loads of us around.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
How much is the testing costing as my daughter is doing it in November.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi All

Thanks for all the posative comments.

Cost wise the CBT was £95.00 for the day, the theory test was £31.00 The Direct acess training is £25.00 an hour with Motorcycle training wales, which I can highly recomend.
Most DAS training i9s about £160-£180 a day with a minimum of 4 days training.
The guys at Motorcycle training wales will only charge you for the time you use. I had 3 hours training before the mod 1 test plus an hour for the bike on the day.

For all the prospective visitors iI reside in Llanishen,Cardiff. If anyone fancy's to pop in for a cuppa.

Regards
wizard

1 - 15 of 15 Posts