Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not the rubber type, the sew on jobbies.
At Ride To The Wall majority of the guys there were from the Hardly brigade and the waistcoat covered in patches seemed to be obligatory.

At overlander meets it seems stickers on the bike and panniers are more the norm.

I’ve got patches from Nordkapp, Isle of Mann MadSunday and a few country flags and no idea where to sew them, I don’t want them on my jacket and I aint wearing a Hardly Vest so out of curiosity who wears a patch, what is it and where do you have it sewn on.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Buy yourself some cheap white T shirts and sew one on each T shirt, Just an idea :thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
When I was in the scouts I used to have a blanket covered in patches. Mind you, my mum used to sew them on the knees of my jeans too.

BT has patches sewn on his summer bike gear (it's not waterproof anyway so the sewing does not harm. I have high viz strips sewn all over mine.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Sew them together and make a flag out of them.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
im not sticking a needle through my £400 goretex jacket

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Nice solid cotton quality paddock shirt. You can keep adding to it as you go. Wear it underneath so it's not in your face. Start with the badge for sowing and add from there.

I've suggested the same for the nationals/TLD. Just add a badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Make a patchwork blanket.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
So no one else has got any patches
Feelin a bit on your own here? Lol

I think James has patches but he also has one of them hardly riders leather vests you mentioned nicely so probably burnt your bridges there. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i have a very beaten up,old black leather jacket that is no good for riding in anymore. that is covered in patches and pin badges.
great for wearing thru metal detectors at airports,sends 'em mad!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts