Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my paypal account hacked and robbed to the sum of $98.00
It apparently is not going to cost me, as once the investigation is done they will refund the amount but it has rendered my account useless for upto 30 days........Paypal suggested my password was weak (3 unique numbers followed by 4 unique letters followed by 2 unique numbers) I had always considered this strong :confused:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
thats so its all your fault and not their security

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
pick a number between 1-10 you have 10% chance of getting it right .

pick a letter from the alphabet and you'll have 1 in 26 chance of getting it right .

if you have a password that starts with numbers they are basicaly void as all crackers start with numbers as they are easier, dont use numbers use big words with numbers at the end and one or two final letters, .
that will screw em:cool:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
oh and use caps on just a few of the letters too:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Alpha numeric, got to be the best password set up possible, can't do better than that :confused:.
Sorry about the condescending tone you received, I'd be pretty annoyed about that as well. My mate Craig the Brummie lost £350 a couple of yrs ago, same idea. Nightmare!
I hope it all works out mate.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Just had my paypal account hacked and robbed to the sum of $98.00
It apparently is not going to cost me, as once the investigation is done they will refund the amount but it has rendered my account useless for upto 30 days........Paypal suggested my password was weak (3 unique numbers followed by 4 unique letters followed by 2 unique numbers) I had always considered this strong :confused:

Out of curiosity DC, did they steal money from a PayPal balance, or money that was financed through the credit card you had registered??

If it was from a balance, did they just dip into it, or nick the lot??

The only reason I am asking is that I have some money in my PP account which I tend to leave there so I don't spend it, and it doesn't disappear into my overdraft. It might make me reconsider and put it into my bank instead!

Password wise, I use a standard phrase, which I compliment with the first letter from the site I visit, and then a string of numbers.

:thumbup:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
If you where Greek you could use your name (Kristuplopdoaplibableliedopalos) :-D:-D:-D

·
Registered
740 Posts
Thanks Digi for heads up & sorry to read about your small misfortune ... Lucky that you find out soon enough.I hope all get settled soon enough...

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
So we know for this site it's got an X in it, maybe X-ray to start, then your date of birth?...hmmm... :D:D:D

For my passwords i don't tell anyone fek all ;)

You'd be ALMOST right!!

There's information and dis-information, and what I stated is somewhere in between!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
pick a number between 1-10 you have 10% chance of getting it right .

pick a letter from the alphabet and you'll have 1 in 26 chance of getting it right .

if you have a password that starts with numbers they are basicaly void as all crackers start with numbers as they are easier, dont use numbers use big words with numbers at the end and one or two final letters, .
that will screw em:cool:
Do my lottery numbers then please:rolleyes:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Out of curiosity DC, did they steal money from a PayPal balance, or money that was financed through the credit card you had registered??

If it was from a balance, did they just dip into it, or nick the lot??

The only reason I am asking is that I have some money in my PP account which I tend to leave there so I don't spend it, and it doesn't disappear into my overdraft. It might make me reconsider and put it into my bank instead!

mate as soon as my balance ever gets to £50 i transfer it over, thats my money not paypals, why should they have it in their account? they charge enough for their dubious services as it is theyre not having hold of my cash too. ive ditched being a seller on ebay because them and PP have got too greedy, and ebay is too biased toward the buyer, the seller has virtually no comeback and is wide open to anything.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
.. ive ditched being a seller on ebay because them and PP have got too greedy, and ebay is too biased toward the buyer, the seller has virtually no comeback and is wide open to anything.

TELL ME!!!

If it wasn't for the fact that selling stuff on there has enabled me to financially keep my head above the water for the past few months, I would have ditched those robbing $%*ards ages ago! The fees are just ridiculous, but eBay seems to have the auction market sewn up and no real competition :confused:

I have to say though, that most of my selling and buying experiences have been very good. The ONLY time it's a PITA is if it's something yo can't put in the post, or it's a vehicle/bike.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
If you where Greek you could use your name (Kristuplopdoaplibableliedopalos) :-D:-D:-D
Damn, and I felt sure no-one could have guessed that one. I'd better change all my passwords to something else now! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Okey dokaly for Wednesday 17th March ( 9,14,17,23,32,34) try dat lot, if it wins?
yoooohooooo waving 'me me'

1 - 17 of 17 Posts