Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
crazy fool
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Myself and my girlfriend moved into a cafe in the Peak District about a month ago and I have been meaning to post the details on the site, but did not manage until today when serving four bikers with brews and food I noticed that one of the bikes was an AT with XRV logos on. After speaking with the soggy bikers it turns out that this was a ride out organised through this site and the soggy bikers were, Frad, Hudders, Digital Captive and Campagman (nice to meet you).

I spoke with them for a short while and was very envious when they suited up and rode of, but they reminded me of what a good bunch the XRVers are, so I would like to offer my cafe up for for a meeting point on rideouts and any social events you can think of. The details are below and I have added the cafe to the map under Jelly's Cafe.

If you come and say you are from XRV.org I will sort you out with a brew and a warm welcome..

Take it easy and enjoy...

Jelly - Katie's Kitchen, Wardlow Mires Nr Bakewell, SK17 8RW (7 am to 5pm - 7 days)

I will also add myself as a safe house when I figure out how to..:thumbright:

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Jelly, that's fantastic, it's always great to know of somewhere that welcomes bikers. If you like I'll post your details on the UKGSer site to. Let me know if you would like me to.

I wish you both all the best in your new venture and if we get up that far we'll be sure to look in on you.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey jelly,

I've been meaning to drop you a line, I will defo drop up for a brew at some stage :thumbright::thumbright:

Congrats on the Cafe... the best of luck with it!

Cheers,
Stef

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Jelly - Katie's Kitchen :thumb::thumb:

Plenty of parking, Great food, Good prices :D:D.

Another good XRV member ;)

Would recommend anyone stop off there

Simon :blob6:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Would just like to confirm the Gammon Egg and Chips was fab, well worth a visit.

DC may well have an idea there for the next meet :thumbright: mines the seat in the corner again :toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

( next to the radiators )

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Whats this a 'splinter group' Already ??? :toothy2:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Whats this a 'splinter group' Already ??? :toothy2:

god forbid I should be accused of forming a "clique" :rolleyes:

Just trying to gee up all the midland members out there! there's plenty of them here .

Maybe its me, just maybe they all meet up and then just don't tell me, now look you've made me all paranoid!!!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Coming from Stoke originally can I be in the Midlands posse AND the North West Posse then ?

:toothy1::toothy1::toothy1:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Coming from Stoke originally can I be in the Midlands posse AND the North West Posse then ?

:toothy1::toothy1::toothy1:
Hey I'm in Leicestershire and just joined the northwest posse :confused:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Tats it then you got your first member :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Jelly - good luck with cafe - I first went their a few months back on a ride out I guess before you took it over, now visited 4 times, avoided the bacon butties yesterday though.

Nice change for a cafe, parking, plenty of space - I'll be back (with or without the posse or whichever faction) probably only 30 minutes for me direct.

The road out of the back of Castleton into Bradwell is very good. The ford shown in ride out photos is on the road east from Tissington just before it joins the B5056 which runs NE from A515 towards Matlock, directly from you no more than 30 mins if that.
Co-ords approx N53 03.954 W1 42.175 - plug this into google maps and you can see it.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
I think a ride to this cafe will be in order shortly, I does like a full English!!:thumbup::D:D:D.
Starting early and coming home late? Count me in, but can you please guarantee better weather than last weekend.

It's a busy time of year for me so would need a couple of weeks notice to get myself organised.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Starting early and coming home late? Count me in, but can you please guarantee better weather than last weekend.

It's a busy time of year for me so would need a couple of weeks notice to get myself organised.

Come and join the North West ride out on the 16th then, its on the calender :thumbright:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Often facied a run around the Peak district but I just looked the place up on my map thingie, 197 miles each way. Perhaps I will wait till next year and longer days before I visit. :D

Andy.

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Often facied a run around the Peak district but I just looked the place up on my map thingie, 197 miles each way. Perhaps I will wait till next year and longer days before I visit. :D

Andy.

Pah !! 400miles nothing to XRV'ers. Hardcore this lot :thumbright::D:D:D.

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts

Soon manage to sort out a date tho :thumbup::D.

P.s. Bashplate still not arrived.:confused:

1 - 20 of 153 Posts