Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Jackdaw

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Good videos Gary,
The end of the second one brought back memories and the third one made me feel cold.

What camera were you using by the way?

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good videos Gary,
The end of the second one brought back memories and the third one made me feel cold.

What camera were you using by the way?
Fighting the Africa twin kept me warm. ;-)
The camera is the POV HD nice bit of kit - I used the 2 x speed facility to make it look like I was riding fast

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Fantastic vids Gary. Really wish I could have been there....but what kind of person (s) get to play on a school day. Dole Scroungers? Im just jealous cause I have to sit in an office all day:D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Fighting the Africa twin kept me warm. ;-)
The camera is the POV HD nice bit of kit - I used the 2 x speed facility to make it look like I was riding fast
Funnily enough I suspected as much. Of all the cameras out there the POV 1.5 and HD seem in a different league.

I was concerned that with the HD they have gone to a cmos sensor and that would cause problems (Horizontal ripples) when mounted on the bike, something CCDs (as in the 1.5 model) don't suffer from. Have you tried it bike mounted?

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Did I hear you swear at the end of the second clip? :angel4:
Nice vids :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I think roughly translated it was "Oh dash it. It appears my leg isn't long enough so I'll just lay this bike on its side"

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am sure I said 'I can't tell the difference in stork and butter' ;-)

Think it was also anguish as I remember dropping it there once before ;-)

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
No sound on works PC but still watched the first one, very nice vids and i'll enjoy them later at home.

Was the guy in front of you a noobie to biking? I only ask because even on the road he looked very nervous and if he is then bleedin fair play to him for doing them trails! I'd only attempt them on the Strom in the summer me thinks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Craig it was Olionel - 2nd time out and even the roads were rivers. He did well on what wads a hooooolie day.

·
Very Enthusiastic Member
391 Posts
No sound on works PC but still watched the first one, very nice vids and i'll enjoy them later at home.

Was the guy in front of you a noobie to biking? I only ask because even on the road he looked very nervous and if he is then bleedin fair play to him for doing them trails! I'd only attempt them on the Strom in the summer me thinks.
aye lol.. all these noobs... coming over here... taking over our lanes... binning it here there and everywhere ;)

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Just once before. Come on Gary, be honest with yourself.
As Lutin says - First Rule of XRV - Admit nothing

I cannot remember Beddows - Me dropping it at Pindale?, Seem to remember holding it well on there - while a mate stood laughing (Last Time)
PA023259 - YouTube

I also remember someone saying "if you arn't falling off - you're not trying hard enough"

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nice one Gary. Bamford looks like 3 Pindales in a row...glad I chickened out midday :D
You didn't chicken out - you did well fella - it is all preparation for the big trip.

Bamford is longer but no big stones to cause problems.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Final one then.
This is Monsel Head - met some walkers on here- first ones that day really - NUTTERS
Check out the view in the first few seconds of the vid - we are going up the side of the hill on the vid later on. Sadly these videos do nothing to show the inclines.

I was doing so well too until some small bikes parked up in front of me
The fall was more like 'it's a knockout' No Swearing this time

Monsel Head on the XRV Africa TWin - YouTube

1 - 20 of 23 Posts