Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
I got a ticket today for pushing my alp past a no entry sign - no cars, no bikes allowed. I was on foot, engine off, on the street not on the pavement . Anyone knows the law on this?

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,036 Posts
Is this a Diagram 619 sign, more commonly known as the flying motorcycle. The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions defines that as 'Motor Vehicles Prohibited'. If your bike has an engine then it is a motor vehicle. If they wanted to stop you AND cyclists pedalling through then they use a red ring with nothing inside it. This is ALL vehicles prohibited including cycles being pedalled, but not being pushed along.

Worth getting a copy of the traffic order from the highway authority, a lot of these are experimental and have a time limit of 12-18 months on them before they need to be removed or a permanent traffic order applied. It is not unknown for them to forget to make it permanent.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YEN_POWELL the sign was one of those round ones, red rim with the car and motorbike on it-No entry

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,036 Posts
YEN_POWELL the sign was one of those round ones, red rim with the car and motorbike on it-No entry
You can pedal a push cycle past it, ride a horse past it, carry a sedan chair past it, take a sledge and huskies past it, take a horse and cart past it, push a wheel barrow or hand cart past it and of course you can walk past it, it's only the motorised vehicle that may get you a fine. The ones near where I live have faded so much that the red ring has completely vanished.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts