Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've now owned my TA for exactly 1 year. I know it doesn't sound a lot but apart from on old family heirloom 1972 Honda 250 that sits in the garage it is the longest I've ever owned a bike for!

Says something about the TA, especially as it's a bit slow, a bit dull, a bit of a handful on the dirt, a bit ponderous in very heavy traffic, a bit underpowered on the motorway.....

....and I can foresee keeping the bike for some years in the future, although it doesn't do any task particularly well I love its ability to do most things reasonably. It will go on the dirt, tour, commute, just about cope with motorways and so on. :p

here's to some more years of TA ownership:eek:ccasion9:

D

·
0 Posts
Says something about the TA, especially as it's a bit slow, a bit dull, a bit of a handful on the dirt, a bit ponderous in very heavy traffic, a bit underpowered on the motorway.....
You forgot to add, it's a bit girly and has no street cred. :rolleyes:

H

·
0 Posts
What I like about mine is that it is so EASY it just does everything with so little effort or thought on my part

I dont love it, pamper it, or talk about it like previous bikes (still regret selling my Laverda) but I do ride it more than any other bike I have owned in the last 15 years

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
You forgot to add, it's a bit girly and has no street cred. :rolleyes:
Or as one of my "bum in the air" aquaintances put, a bit of a Grandad bike! But as we both use V-twins, I'll forgive him! And I know who's back and bum is in better order after 100miles!! Ducati? Huh....

D

·
0 Posts
What's wrong with girlie. As for street cred when i get off my transalp my fellow bikers are always impressed with what bike I ride. :D
Mabel,
Sorry for any offence, just my poor attempt at irony, after all it was Russh was putting the TA down.

When bikers are impressed with the bike you ride, can you be sure they are not just being patronizing :bom:

I better get me coat.

Steve

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i have had mine for 8 whole weeks now and cant help thinking why did i not buy one 8 YEARS ago?
cant get enough of riding it.great bike i think.

·
nunquam scienter utilis
665 Posts
I agree the TA has no street cred. When I stop at the local bike shops no one gives a second glance. But, and it's a big BUT, it does do everything you want it to do - and doesn't make a fuss about it. It's a very easy bike to own.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think the people who knock the Transalp the most are people who have never ridden one and would never want to ride one, never mind owned one. A mechanic in a bike shop rode mine last year after a service and said how much he enjoyed riding it.

A lot of people seem to be stuck in the opinion that they must have a fast bike to look cool. I don't think some ride as often as I ride mine and I only ride mine for the pleasure of it, not commuting etc. I get the impression sometimes those same people don't enjoy riding their bikes as much as I enjoy riding mine. It's not all about speed for me. It seems to be all about speed for them. Each to his own I suppose.

I don't give a monkeys if it 's seen as an old man's bike and has no street cred, ( but then I am 94 years old). :p

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
I think the people who knock the Transalp the most are people who have never ridden one and would never want to ride one, never mind owned one. A mechanic in a bike shop rode mine last year after a service and said how much he enjoyed riding it.

A lot of people seem to be stuck in the opinion that they must have a fast bike to look cool. I don't think some ride as often as I ride mine and I only ride mine for the pleasure of it, not commuting etc. I get the impression sometimes those same people don't enjoy riding their bikes as much as I enjoy riding mine. It's not all about speed for me. It seems to be all about speed for them. Each to his own I suppose.

I don't give a monkeys if it 's seen as an old man's bike and has no street cred, ( but then I am 94 years old). :p

:sign3:

(well - apart from the last bit;-) )

Phil

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Mabel,
Sorry for any offence, just my poor attempt at irony, after all it was Russh was putting the TA down.

When bikers are impressed with the bike you ride, can you be sure they are not just being patronizing :bom:

I better get me coat.

Steve

no offense taken I was just teasing you.

As for patronising bikers, I don't think so they are usually surprised that a girl can ride anything other than a little bike.

Should have seen them when i got off the Buell Lightening - that was a laugh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts