Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all came back from a quick spin after filling petrol tank full and when I stopped after a 20 mile run there was a smell of petrol. I traced it to drips running off near side half fairing. Not had chance to look yet as it poured with rain all evening. As anyone else had a similar problem or an educated guess what it is. I will be looking as soon as I get dry weather.

Thx

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
You may have overfilled the tank and it is spilling out.

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
I have a problem where petrol seeps out of the nearside of the tank itself when the level is very full, and the bike on its sidestand. It doesn't come onto the fairing though. I traced it to slight damage to the upper fairing mounting bracket - it was knocked over a year or two ago, and the dent appears to have put stress on the weld, enough for some tiny holes to have opened up presumably.

Could you have a similar problem? I've never heard of it before though.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a problem where petrol seeps out of the nearside of the tank itself when the level is very full, and the bike on its sidestand. It doesn't come onto the fairing though. I traced it to slight damage to the upper fairing mounting bracket - it was knocked over a year or two ago, and the dent appears to have put stress on the weld, enough for some tiny holes to have opened up presumably.

Could you have a similar problem? I've never heard of it before though.
If I get chance will have a good look tomorrow, my @ as been dropped on one side and it creased the tank and I did fill it to the brim and it was on the side stand so maybe mine is the same as yours and stressed the weld.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
If you do have a little crack get in silver soldered and the Prep the tank and line it with a good tank sealer only takes a weekend.:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts