Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Effin ridiculous mate. I got held up in couple of places yesterday due to queuing in the road outside petrol stations. When I finally got to supermarket, I turned round as I couldn’t get onto the car park.
Think I’ll stay at home til the idiots decide not to panic buy

·
Registered
207 Posts
What's going on in old Blighty? Panic buying? Glad I live in regional Australia, even if it means being a long way from everywhere.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Without getting too political….. when we left the EU we lost thousands of truck drivers, so although there’s plenty of everything, there’s nobody to deliver it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Was working away last week & my car sitting in drive with petrol light in red when got back as thought I’d leave as not using the car. Managed to top up my tank with only a 10 min wait yesterday but when I left 30 cars queuing to get in

this afternoon / taking my elderly mums shopping down & drove past 2 garages & only 1 or 2 cars on the forecourt.

I think the UK press are the worse of the worse - few petrol stations ran out & all of a sudden the uk’s running out of fuel. All for a free press but sick of the sensational crap they’re dishing out especially over the past 18 months especially when it causes fear / chaos

Rant over 😁

·
Registered
193 Posts
What's going on in old Blighty? Panic buying? Glad I live in regional Australia, even if it means being a long way from everywhere.
I'll tell you what's going on here we have a poxy tory government with a clown for a prime minister and a equally poxy labour lot waiting to take over. Shortage of truck drivers? --- some of these fella's are driving HGV's with all the responsibility and $hit working conditions for minimum wage!! and then some people wonder why not many want the job. People have noticed that there have been some empty shelves in supermarkets for weeks now so as soon as there is the slightest mention of a fuel supply problem a lot of people will panic after all the whole bloody country runs on petrol and diesel!
Sorry for getting political on this site but I'me 74 now voted all my life but as far as I'me concerned there's bugger all worth voting for here now and I won't be bothering again!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm amazed they can get drivers if they only pay minimum wage. I have a mate here in Oz who drives B double trucks on interstate runs. From what I can gather he is paid 62.5c per kilometre, or the equivalent of AU$1 per mile.
That said a B Double has 2 trailers, a gross weight of 62.5t, 9 axles and 34 tyres, so they're a lot bigger than the lorries I saw carrying freight on UK roads 2 years ago, and the distances are far greater.
Lorry drivers have a skill set that far exceeds driving the family car with a box trailer attached to the local tip and I'm amazed to hear that they are paid so poorly.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm amazed they can get drivers if they only pay minimum wage. I have a mate here in Oz who drives B double trucks on interstate runs. From what I can gather he is paid 62.5c per kilometre, or the equivalent of AU$1 per mile.
That said a B Double has 2 trailers, a gross weight of 62.5t, 9 axles and 34 tyres, so they're a lot bigger than the lorries I saw carrying freight on UK roads 2 years ago, and the distances are far greater.
Lorry drivers have a skill set that far exceeds driving the family car with a box trailer attached to the local tip and I'm amazed to hear that they are paid so poorly.
Sounds like the drivers over there are treated and respected a lot better than they are over here (y)

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i go straight to the front of the queue and squeeze in when a car driver has filled up, and has gone into pay, takes 1 min

1 - 20 of 22 Posts