Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've just started using my dommie to commute. reading book it says fuel capacity is 13 litres and 2.5 reserve =15.5l. i got 160km and had to switch to reserve. got 10km to garage and filled up but only got 11litres and the tank was brimmed. totally full. if i used only a little reserve fuel (10km max) that means its 13 litres to fill. (its a 1990 by the way) happened twice now, exactly the same fuel used and to fill. 160 odd km and cutting out while on motorway, coasting, turning fuel tap to get running again and getting to garage. is the tank 13 litres?
sorry its km not miles but speedos km! telling you exactly what clock says!!

·
Romanian Trailbiker
616 Posts
i've just started using my dommie to commute. reading book it says fuel capacity is 13 litres and 2.5 reserve =15.5l. i got 160km and had to switch to reserve. got 10km to garage and filled up but only got 11litres and the tank was brimmed. totally full. if i used only a little reserve fuel (10km max) that means its 13 litres to fill. (its a 1990 by the way) happened twice now, exactly the same fuel used and to fill. 160 odd km and cutting out while on motorway, coasting, turning fuel tap to get running again and getting to garage. is the tank 13 litres?
sorry its km not miles but speedos km! telling you exactly what clock says!!
If it says 13l and 2.5l reserver than it's 13l total and 2.5 reserve ;)

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
The '88 to '90 models have 13 liter tanks indeed, after that it's 16 I think.

And from experience I can tell that that's a rather optimistic 13 liter, more like 12.5 in practice. That's about 10 liter until reserve, and 2.5ish reserve.

(Said experience being that I've once stalled the bike due to running it dry on reserve while waiting for opposing traffic to clear so I could pull into the petrol station. Had to push the last 30 meter. How's that for luck?)

160 km until reserve sounds about right.
Mine used to do about 100-110 miles to reserve, until I fitted the acerbis tank which gets double that. ;-)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers guys. always good to know. exhausts pinking a wee bit as i ride. thought it might be overfueling?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts