Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found my RD03. Not a museum piece, but very solid and a strong daily driver with all the right mods. The guy I'm buying it from took everything down and powder coated the frame, racks and all. Wheels have zero rust on the spokes and no corrosion at all. He's throwing in a huge stockpile of parts he's collected including a solid running spare engine. My only problem is my inseam is 29" and the seat on this bike is as high or higher than my belly button. He has aftermarket suspension on it with progressive springs. I don't believe in lowering bikes, but I will have to lower this one if I have any hope of riding it around here. Any suggestions on how I can best lower it? I can back off the shock, but I think I have to bring the seat height as close to 32 as I can. It's sitting at about 36/37" right now. I also would like to preserve the original seat. If you know where I can pick up another please let me know.
:blob7:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any update on when RD03 Rugged Roads crash bars will be available again? I MUST have a pair. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I guess there's not much difference in our heights.
If you have a spare seat cut it down or put softer foam in the seat.
That was done with my one.
Given the narrowness of the bike you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
if your in the fit of your health you would be grand move your ass across the seat like hang of the right side so you can operate the side stand and gear selector . you need to spend some time practicing mounting dis mounting riding at walking pace u turns starting stopping all that kind of stuff eaiser done with less fuel in the tank that is the only trouble you will have once under way your fine . hears a very easy way to drop the back end a different profile tyre . I put a avon road rider 130/70/17 on the back of my 1990 transalp 600 it dropped it a lot the bike still rides just fine handles the same everything . I got it as new second hand for 40 euro as a stop gap . it does just fine on fire roads and the likes . :thumbright:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've been there and done the half ass/side step thing since I was 5. That isn't going to fly in stop and go traffic around town. This bike is taller than anything I've ever attempted to ride. Stock height is 34 and change, but this has to be a couple inches higher than that. It doesn't help that rear doesn't sag at all with my full weight on it either. For now my plan is to back the shock off as much as I can and possibly lower the triple trees on the forks a bit. I have feelers out for an affordable second seat. All I've found are already finished/decent stockers and R/R Marathon single seat. I'd rather not tear up a good seat if I don't have to.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like the Wilbers rear shock is what has the rear so high.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will an RD04 seat fit on an RD03?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts