Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The calendar is a bit confusing - it says 14 confirmed but then only lists 10 people:confused:; also says 4 possibles and lists 3.:confused::confused: I assume the total includes the "+1" entries.

Anyway on the assumption that the numbers will grow to 20-30 I have also contacted the lunch time pub (High Cross Inn) to lay on a similar meal to last time - Meat & Potato pie, mushy peas and red cabbage. I have also alsed for a pudding to be available. Hopefully price for main course the same as last time at £5 and pudding will be about £2-£3.

I will also treat myself to a trip by boat to Piel in the next week or so to confirm stuff with the Ship Inn so could do with confirmation of numbers. If you are no longer coming please remove your name and any "+1s" from the calendar. If you are coming get registered. I suspect numbers will be down on last year as its so close to TLD'11 so I have also but an update on my wall on Facebook that may pick up some friends and friends of friends in the North West.

I am looking forward to this and have started praying for the weather again.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I can just picture a couple having a romantic weekend away in the hotel & we all turn up, will they be pissed or what ... :happy9:

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I am going over to Piel Island tomorrow just to check all OK and arrangement not changed from last time. Will also call at the High Cross Inn to arrange the lunch stop. I might have a mosey down a couple of tracks to check out their viability as the ride out looks like being much smaller.

This is the list of names from the calendar:
Alba
Austin & Mrs Austin
Axe & Mrs Axe
Beddowsm & Mrs Beddows
Digitalcaptive
Lord vader and Lady Vader
lowflier
Mikethebike
Outrunner
Sean
Whealie
Zbzr....

Maybe's
PaulS
Rickskye & Mrs Skye
UKTiffy
WinXP

I make that 12+4 definites and 4+1 possibles. There may also be a taker or two from Adventure Bike Rider.

Grateful if you are NOT coming if you can let me know and remove your name from the calendar and if you are planning to come to get your name down ASAP.

Thanks

see you there :thumbright:

Oh also, if anyone needs somewhere to stay Friday night you are welcome at mine.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I'm hoping to make it too. But I wont know for sure till I get back from France on 5th.

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Austin, Im a definate but the missus is a maybe. Having a problem with child minders again. All depends on my parents. They are looking at booking a holiday to Croatia over the Piel weekend. If they do the wife's a no. If they dont she's a yes.

Selfish but I hope they dont so Ffi can come along. We both really enjoyed Piel last year.

Looking forward to it. So its me at the min.

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Little update.... Well I made it to the jetty for the ferry to the island but it was blowing an absolute hoolie, I mean proper hard to stand up in wind with big crashing waves and stuff. The ferry wasn't running of course so I didn't make it to the island. Might have another go next weekend.

I did make it to the High Cross Inn though and chatted to the lovely Angie. Meat and potato pie with a few trimmings will be £5.25 and apple pie and cream or custard will be £2.25. I have told her to expect 20 people. If you don't want this lunch please let me know.

I also dodged the showers and braved the wind to re-ride the passes and have a look at a few tracks. Only one of these is suitable at about 1mile long and an easy gravel surface. For any hard core riders there are a couple more that cut off corners but look to be a bit challenging for the majority with luggaged up bikes.

·
Registered
773 Posts
It was a fantastic do last year Austin and I'd love to go again this year but it clashes with a TRF meet in Devon, which i've promised to attend if I can get a space for Dr Zook on someone's trailer. Otherwise I will be up for Piel.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
I'm still a maybe atm.

My bikes going into the shop this weekend for repairs and i won't be able to pick it up until the Piel weekend as i'm away camping in Wales the weekend before that. Hopefully if alls well witht he repairs and she's running i can pack up and head over but it's a couple of hours for me to get across so it may be a case of meeting you at High Cross or straight to the crossing to Piel.

Also depends how much the repairs are as iv'e got TLD the week after... it all seems to be happening at once! :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Would love to but its busy down here..........you never know though its only 700 miles ish and i might just say sod it on the day and turn up.
Phil

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
I'm still a maybe atm.

My bikes going into the shop this weekend for repairs and i won't be able to pick it up until the Piel weekend as i'm away camping in Wales the weekend before that. Hopefully if alls well witht he repairs and she's running i can pack up and head over but it's a couple of hours for me to get across so it may be a case of meeting you at High Cross or straight to the crossing to Piel.

Also depends how much the repairs are as iv'e got TLD the week after... it all seems to be happening at once! :D
suspension collapsed fatboy??

21 - 40 of 58 Posts