Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right, I am back, but didn't take any pics myself.

Cracking weekend I will let other tell the tale but a couple of highlights:

Went to plan more or less.:thumbleft:

40+ bikes, 50 or so people. Fantastic:D People kept joining and leaving the ride at various points but always 35+. It was an awesome sight looking back down the passes to see 1-2miles of bikes snaking up the hill. Truly memorable.

Crossing and leaving the island. 2 dropped on the way over, 3 on the way back and GSA seriously cross-rutted but not dropped. Oh there was also a dropped bike in the mountains at the foot of Wrynose pass. I won't spill the beans on who - they can tell their opwn tales, but one person manged to fall off twice!!!

I think I have seen most mega- hangovers now too. Again they can tell their own stories (if they can remember).

Finally the weather - thank you God:king:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Had a great day out yesterday when I caught you up on the road to Dungeon Ghyll. It was a real sight seeing you cross the sands, I spent a good 20 minutes talking to people in the car park explaining what was going on as you all left, they were amazed, so the general public were well impressed too. As you mention, seeing a big snake of bikes over the passes was brilliant. Thanks for organising a great trip out :thumbup:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi Guys,

Cathy and I home safely, (Just got in from the pub, first time Cathys ever been in there and had a soft drink!)

Thanks Austin for organising what turned out to be a truely memorable event.

We both had a great time, and it was nice to be welcomed by such a great group of people.

See you all again soon I hope.

Axe & Mrs Axe

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
twas a truely good ride out that Austin me old mucca, nice to see faces of old and new...

the site of all the bikes in my mirror and in front was awesome, you are right. the look on peoples face as we went through the villages was great, oh, and the guy kicking off as we jumped the queue for the ferry lmao, nobhead!

can't wait to see pictures, there should be a good one of Hudders that Len took at Truckhaven that had us all chuckling :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
I got home about 6.30 or so and have spent until now hosing the bike down with cold water, also my boots, gloves and riding kit 'cos I was one of the clowns that fell off on the return journey!:rolleyes:
No real damage to the bike other than one of the crash bars slightly bent, nothing a good hammering wont fix, and no damage to me either.

Right now I am more interested in winding down from a fantastic weekend than looking at the pics on my camera,we shall see if there are any good ones later. Once again Austin, thanks for all the effort you put in to make it a brilliant time for all involved in the ride, you are a star!!:thumbright:

Andy

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Austin congratulations a complete sucess in our books :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

Thank you :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright: especially for getting special permission for the support vehicle to come over :D

I have a load of photos some of which are fantastic, some great ones of you all coming past the truck when we stopped on the sands :thumbright: If anyone individually would like me to Email them to you please PM me with a description of your bike and what you where wearing and I will send them to you, that way you can have the Hi resolution image and not just a resized version :thumbup: I hate to say that I might have missed one or two of you but got most of you and all of you are on video :thumbright:

Great venue, great folk, great XRV :sunny: :thumbright:

Cheers :eek:ccasion5:

·
Crumbs, Chief !
168 Posts
Got back at 4:45 & spent some time power-washing the sand off the bike !

Thanks for a fantastic & well organised event Austin...

Lots of people taking video and photos with proper equipment.

But to get the ball rolling here's a few dodgy pictures from my phone...

Waiting for the ferry....

Having a break between Wrynose and Hardknott...

Ready to cross...

Campsite...

Much better to come from others I'm sure...

Nice to meet you all...

Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys

Thanks for a great rideout over the passes & glad to hear there aren't any ATs gently sinking in the sand...

Adam

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thanks Austin!!

Only one word to discribe.

Awsome!!!

Pic's

Thanks also to everyone for making it a superb weekend and to our hosts on the island and High Cross.

IanS

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Just arrived home
To tired to put up the few pics we have but will do so tomorrow
Thanks to Austin for organising the trip
to pigugly and Vanessa for letting us stay over on friday night
to Frad and Catherine for giving Deb a lift;):rolleyes::D
What a great weekend:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Got home about 8.30 and put the bike straight into the garage unwashed.

Here's short video of the outward crossing that refused to upload yesterday using my dongle.

It includes the first to drop their bike.

More will follow but I need a bath and a sleep.

XRV honours go to Austin for the best-organised XRV trip ever.

Where we're going, we don't need roads:D

YouTube - XRV Piel Island.mov

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Firstly thanks to Austin for organising a stonking weekend! :thumbright:

Brilliant XRV event - great crowd of people. :D

Crossing the sands - great experience.

Keeping the bike upright on the sands (mostly, one or two "moments") - great relief. ;)

Not being one of the folks with a monster hangover - great luck! :cool:

Got back about 6:30, hosed the bike down (despite riding through some heavy rain and a flooded section of the M62, still found some sand to remove!), unpacked tent etc ......... and still got a big grin.

Relying on the rest of you for pictures, cos I didn't pack a camera. Doh!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Austin, what can I say other than, brilliant.:p Many thanks.

I took the scenic route home and got blocked most of the way with slow traffic.
In order of arrival at home.
Off with the jacket.
Hose pipe.
Wash.
Unpack.
Shower.
Tea.
Walk the dog.
Off to bed.

A never to be forgotten weekend.:cool:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Thanks Austin for a great trip

Got back 5 ish?

Home computer dead so I'll give my pics to Frad to upload

Need bed !

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Paul,
By the look of you this morning you should have stayed in bed. :D:D

Andy.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sounds like you all had a brilliant time. I have been soooooo envious all weekend!! Looking forward to seeing more pics! :thumbright:

:sunny:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Paul,
By the look of you this morning you should have stayed in bed. :D:D

Andy.
Some did stay in bed!!! cos they couldn't stand up.:thumbright:

Some only got up because thier tent fell down.:lol:

·
RetroPhrenologist
329 Posts
It's been said before & will be again - thanks for conceiving & delivering this chi... weekend, Austin; the first adventure of 2010, for me anyway. Blown away by the view looking up Hardknott & seeing 25-odd bikes helix-ing their way up the hairpins; one moment never to be forgotten. Have many pics to process, but for now, 2 contendants for the caption competition -

(There has to be a 'Britain's Got Talent' gag here...)

:D :thumbright:

1 - 20 of 126 Posts