Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did some offroading last night on the old Pilgrim Way. I will post a few pics but please bear with me as they are not all off AT's but combination of all sorts.

Here is myself going through the ford at Eyensford

</img>

My mate on my AT, yes I am a nice guy!

</img>

The AT next to another South-African mates GS 1150

</img>

I struggled with the GS as it is a heavy bike to take offroad, still fun though and swapped 1/2 time to the Africa Twin which I must admit have gained from 0 points to 10/10 for offroad handling. I was pleasantly surprised by the AT's handling and offroad ability - 100% easier and better than the GS on the rough stuff. Think I am converted but the GS will stay. Strange how I drove home last night after the off road play and realised the AT has finally made it's mark on me.

If any of you guys are interested we will be planning another after work play soon and still enough daylight to get a few ruts and mud under the belt.

</img>

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very keen. Anytime except monday or tuesday evenings.
Where is this route?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Eynsford is near to Brands Hatch.

Kent has plenty of byways for playing about on - just watch out for the Ramblers, and the lanes that have TRO's placed on them. The ford in the picture is the deepest one that I know of in the area - there's also a handily placed pub just up the road!

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep Eyensford is just off the A20 south of the M25 and like landyandy said a well placed pub(The Plough Inn) on the other side to help you over your success or failure getting through the ford.

The Pilgrim's way is only a few miles from there and here is a website with some details

Pilgrim's way

I will get the guys going on the next trip and we show them what the AT's can do. Obviously if you have something smaller about in the garage more than welcome to use it. The trail is luckilly not very technical and easily done by novice level etc. We are a quiet bunch(no loud pipes or inconsiderate towards other residents/ramblers etc) so go about our business in a fun and decent way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts