Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pillion/passenger ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do people think, can I have your comments please, I know My wife loves to ride with me (bike) but I know that a few partners don't.
I was just wondering if you lot prefer to ride alone or take passengers/wives/partners with you. When I bought my @ I had a choice of that or a blackbird, I don't like the riding postion of the BB and the wife didn't like the pillion end and so we tried the @ and I loved as much as the missus, I bought the bike with the wife & son in mind for them going on the back with me on a ride out somewhere. But after reading a few topics/post's on here I get the idea that every one prefers to ride alone..

·
Registered
282 Posts
pillion

Have to agree the @ is by far the more comfortable to ride with pillion the BB is quite scary for the passenger as my wife will testify. As for the @ she loves it...... :lol: but I would much prefer to go solo , stops my antomy getting smashed against the tank when we break hard.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: pillion

Phoenix said:
stops my antomy getting smashed against the tank when we break hard.
Must agree there but if the pillion is doing their job you shouldn't .. i don't with the missus. But then again I have moved my backbox further back to accomendate the backrest and the wife, which over all gives me about 6 inches more space ..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carport said:
Both really, I prefer riding in company. Don't mind if they are on the back or another bike.
i don't mind having someone on the back but i do tend to sit quite far back as Phoenix will tell you, so having a pillon on makes me sit forward. I do love riding in a group much more than on my own. I would love to tale me wife out on the @ but she won't go near it, yet. I'm trying though.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Never taken a pillion but loathed being one when I had to get a lift on the back of my dad's bike.

The TA's the first bike I've owned that I've been legally allowed to carry someone on the back though... not in any desperate rush to do so though. :lol:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Depends on the pillion really. But mostly I prefer being alone on the bike, but I love riding with someone else. Always better to have someone share the experience - just not on my bike :roll:

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Most of the time I'm alone on the bike, and being just shy of 2m long on a small bike like the dominator I'm often sitting smack in the middle of the seat...

I've had a few people on the back, with a light girl it's okay but I've also given a lift to a friend of mine when he went to pick up his bike... 2 90+ kilo guys on a little thumper, that was getting a bit silly.

Still had the original suspension at the time as well which was thoroughly crap, even rough asphalt caused it to bottom out... :roll:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Alone.
Gotta say I rode with small girlfriends, and that was ok, but my wife is 5ft 11, and it is a bit much. That said, it is just down to me-she leans in all the right places, I just don't feel comfortable (and riding in traffic I have caught her knees on wingmirrors while I sail through). We are also quite big to be on the @ together (I'm 6ft 2)
PS Don't tell her about riding the girlfriends..) :!:

·
Yokel In Utah
1,088 Posts
I don't mind either way - took my dad and mum out (seperately, of course :lol: ) a few times on my old Suzuki GSX400F and took it as a challenge to never clash helmets :) I've also been on the back of a friend's CBR600F - that was interesting, as he races at Manx Grand Prix around the mountain circuit :eek:

Not that I could take many out on the Dommie - it has a limit of 180kgs, and I'm just over 100kgs of that plus clothing etc :lol:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
If she's slim, good looking, wears leathers and clings on tight (!) then riding with pillions can be fun. Otherwise forget it! Does that make me an MCP?

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
My wife enjoy going on the bike and we have been most places together. The AT is just a bit cramped with the topbox so need to move that back a bit.

I am very picky who goes pillion on my bike as a nasty accident due to a nervous pillion a couple of years ago made me very wary

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
me too when you've had someone sit up mid corner when your comitted it scares the bejesus out of you :twisted:

having said that the wife is an excellent pillion and i hardly notice she's there until i get a tap on the lid for riding with a bit too much spirit :lol: :lol:

that was until i got the intercom. now she gets excited and tells me about all the things she's seen, that she never notices when she's in the car 8)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Much prefer riding with the wife on the back. She really enjoys it and it's good to share the journey. When she's on the back means I keep the speed down a bit which is a good thing :shock:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Don't mind riding with pillion as long as they're not a fat knacker. My GF is a light wee thing, so she doesn't affect the handling much at all.

Once took a pie eater on the back of my LC. I really struggled to keep the front end down. When it was down I could feel the poor wee thing flexing like hell.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Did Norway two up on a GSF600S Bandit, pillion was my 12st son, good pillion, and kept my back warm!! bike was quite taught. Intercom and MP3player helped too.
I prefer to ride solo, but I think a Pillion makes you ride better, as you are more concious of G's and corner set speed etc.

Ray

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
raymo said:
I prefer to ride solo, but I think a Pillion makes you ride better, as you are more concious of G's and corner set speed etc.
And shifting gears smoothly, to avoid bashing helmets together. :)

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Rubberchicken said:
And shifting gears smoothly, to avoid bashing helmets together. :)
Ohhh my absolute pet hate, that is one thing that drives me insane if my wife falls asleep on the back of the bike and start headbutting me from behind......how the hell am I suppose to get some shut eye if she keeps on doing that :roll:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts