Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. When I stripped my carb last time I found the pilot jet really scaled up , I cleaned out the jet but since doing this the bike has a really annoying habit of cutting out without warning , not often but once is too often when commuting to London.
I thought I would change the jet first to see if this is the cause of the problem.
I know I need a 50 size , the carb is Keihen VEEAE .there seems to be a few different types of jets on eBay . I don't want to strip the carb till I have the new jet, does anyone know the measurement of the jet or give me an eBay link to the correct one.
Thanks in advance
Jeff

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Your better off looking whats in there first i know its a pain in the arse to do but the best way of getting the same one :thumbup:

·
Registered
742 Posts
The problem with the pilot jet blocking is that there is dirt or varnish getting down to the floatbowl.
It could be rust from the tank or just old dried fuel in the carb coming loose and blocking the pilot.
The reason the pilot blocks is the size of the hole is a lot smaller than the main jet.
So you need to do two things, remove the carb and get it clean and then fit an inline paper fuel filter to the fuel line from the tank.
The cleaning is best done ultrasonically plenty of places offer it as a service or you could buy one yourself, using the spray type cleaner won't really work as well as a proper ultrasonic cleaning.
The paper filters are the best, much better than the gauze type which will still allow fine particles through.
Also try draining the carb with the little drain screw see if any stuff comes out, using a clean jar.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. When I stripped my carb last time I found the pilot jet really scaled up , I cleaned out the jet but since doing this the bike has a really annoying habit of cutting out without warning , not often but once is too often when commuting to London.
I thought I would change the jet first to see if this is the cause of the problem.
I know I need a 50 size , the carb is Keihen VEEAE .there seems to be a few different types of jets on eBay . I don't want to strip the carb till I have the new jet, does anyone know the measurement of the jet or give me an eBay link to the correct one.
Thanks in advance
Jeff
Did you manage to sort oy the problem with the engine cutting out unpredictably? I'm having the same problem with my FX650 - but only at very low speed. I think the pilot jet is the one that the SLR refers to as the "slow jet"?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks in advance
Jeff
Hi,genuine Keihin jets on ebay or David Silver honda spares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts