Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just been down to the garage to check the plugs now the bike is cool.

They are white with no deposits which would tie in with the bike running hotter.

What I need to know is how much would the pilot screw affect the performance of the bike? It was pulling like a train earlier, not that I'm complaining :D but something needs tweaking evidently.

They're at 2.5 turns out now, which having re-checked the Haynes is a bit much (Needs to be 2 and three eighths for 1996 onwards) but how much difference would that make?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just been down to the garage to check the plugs now the bike is cool.

They are white with no deposits which would tie in with the bike running hotter.

What I need to know is how much would the pilot screw affect the performance of the bike? It was pulling like a train earlier, not that I'm complaining :D but something needs tweaking evidently.

They're at 2.5 turns out now, which having re-checked the Haynes is a bit much (Needs to be 2 and three eighths for 1996 onwards) but how much difference would that make?
Hi Tim!

The pilot screw shoulndt affect the engine's performance at high rev and accelerating. It's only purpose is to fine tune the amount of air/petrol mixture going through the pilot jet (smaller).

How many miles did you test drive it, at what speeds? Take a pic of the plug colour and lets us see it.
About the engine getting hotter, dont forget this is "summer" and the last time you rode it was probably winter.

Does the exhaust pop at any time?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright mate! I will take the pilot screws out of the equation then.

We did about 40 miles and I was with an XJR1300 and a Fazer 1000 so I wasn't hanging about ;) but yeah even pootling through the 40 limits it wa't sat at the bottom of the gauge like it normally is. (I thought the gauge was broken when I first got it :D)

No popping or back firing, so that must mean the exhaust system is sealed OK?

Will just go and get a pic

·
Registered
470 Posts
Alright mate! I will take the pilot screws out of the equation then.

We did about 40 miles and I was with an XJR1300 and a Fazer 1000 so I wasn't hanging about ;) but yeah even pootling through the 40 limits it wa't sat at the bottom of the gauge like it normally is. (I thought the gauge was broken when I first got it :D)

No popping or back firing, so that must mean the exhaust system is sealed OK?

Will just go and get a pic

Waiting for the pics....:rolleyes:

If it doenst pop, it's not lean or overheating, trust me.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked the oil etc then realised leaving it ticking it over would muck up the colour so I just HAD to take it out again, shame :rolleyes::D:D:D:blob7:

There was a little cough from the airbox as I was blipping the throttle changing down coming up to a roundabout, but no backfiring or anything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts