Honda XRV Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Just heard from Sharrie. She went over the bridge at 5.50, which was just as I was pulling up after visitng the services at Thurrock. If I hadn't gone for that coffee I'd have seen her and the girls and could have joined them for a short spell.

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
What a blast. It was good watching the ladies gell into a team and see how their riding skills improved after spending sp much sore arse time in the seat.What was more impressive was the fact it was done in such crap weather conditions, hailstones in July!!!!.

Well done to all the women it was a privilege

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
What a blast. It was good watching the ladies gell into a team and see how their riding skills improved after spending sp much sore arse time in the seat.What was more impressive was the fact it was done in such crap weather conditions, hailstones in July!!!!.

Well done to all the women it was a privilege
you weren't so bad yourself. Personally I couldn't have done it without you there, I know I told you that but I think that the 3 men who took part were just as much part of the challenge as the women. You faced exactly the same things as we did and rode the same distances, you supported us and we supported you (especially at Wick :D:D)

·
Hill Rider
3,070 Posts
Shame you couldn't manage to run through Elgin on your way south, would have been nice to lend you folks some moral support on such a long run.

Well done to all who did the trip. Do you all qualify for one of those "Iron Butt" awards now?

Well done again.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
final mileage for me 3524.2 miles

thanks sharri for everything:angel1:

oi mr mabel, i have been sleeping with your wife:-D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just joined as a lurker... to thank you all on this site for all of the support you've given us over the past few months

we are now all motorcycling Diva's

Archaeo who now knows that gravel doesnt always throw you off
Sharribee... who rode the challenge with a dislocated knee
Kate... who gave up part of a holiday to stand in for Carole.. who had major surgery on thursday
Georgia... who had only had her written off GS replaced 2 weeks before the ride
Gilly B ... a breast cancer survivor who's legs are far too long for her own good
Lynn.. who organised this whole thing and completing the whole challenge effortlessly
and me... who now doenst say 'NO' to gravel, scary hills, torrential rain, bridges:( high winds and hairpins....although i still have issues with u turns

I was the only one to drop her bike (because me and archaeo ddnt want to run over a squirrel)

be proud of ourselves ladies... it is done... and we did it

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
:wav: well done ya all .....iron butts all round:D

and a hearty wellcome to the new members too:cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Yep well done girls (and the lads that went as well), we're all really proud of you here and what you've achieved.

·
Stone Crazy
5,304 Posts
yup well done
merv

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
I just thought I would give you a little update as the just giving account will be closing within the next month or so. We have blasted through our target of £7,000 thanks to everyones generosity.

Fundraising target: £7,000.00

Donations to date:

£ 11,369.08

Link to Just giving page

I want to thank absolutely everyone for giving both money and the huge support I felt during the trip which wasn't easy and on reflection may have been a little silly as my knee was stil recovering from an acute injury.

The messages of support, texts and phone calls I recieved from you guys during that week did a great deal to get me through.

SO

THANK YOU ALL

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Sharon that is absolutely outstanding. We're all really proud of you, what a fantastic effort.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
thats fantastic if we can do half as good with the longest day that will be ok well done all you girls who took part feekin rock hard all of you:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

61 - 80 of 103 Posts