Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, going to service to my bike soon thought I would use a pipercross but in sites I have checked they only seem to date up to 2005 my alps a 07 so I was hoping someone would know if one would fit, bought the bike from a dealer with 1500mls on her, now up to 6000 with no probs so far. still planning on fitting heated grips any recomendations, have altered the seat and fitted a honda touring screen with a M.R.A. moveable section which works great for me,I am 6ft 5ins. Certainly could have used some heated grips today, great when I went out but after 2hrs on the way home of none stop sleet and wind feeling in the finger dept was virtually none existant. Regards to all.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Try and see if you can get a K&N for your model, both have the same principal. :thumb:

·
Old Body/ Young Head
236 Posts
Seems 05 year quoted as last by a few accessory makers - saw same for Remus i wanna buy.

Pipercross less expensive than K&N - i got one & couldnt tell difference

Of course if the Pipercross perishes in a year i'll kich meself but in the Auto field they are well respected amongs petrolheads so good enough for me !

·
Registered
85 Posts
Silvalp, I just had a Pipercross fitted by local bikeshop at 12k service, he was not sure if it would re-jetting or not so did not change anything else. I dont think it is running as smooth at high revs, have you changed anything or had it jetted?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I can not make up my mind as to wether to get a Pipercross or a K&N air filter next.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I changed my air filter recently for a reusable (read washable) one that I got from Wemoto. It's by a firm called Simota, that I hadn't heard of before.

Have a look here -

http://shop.wemoto.com/pictures.dyn?u=25274qqq5828583

Seems to do the job okay. Had a close look at the construction after the, how shall I say this?. "in depth" discussion about K&N filters earlier in the year. The weave appears to be very close, unlike a particular photo I remember of someone's K&N filter - which, if I remember correctly, kicked off the discussion in the first place.

Oh, and it's a nice blue colour too. Not that you can see it when it's installed mind.......:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
I changed my air filter recently for a reusable (read washable) one that I got from Wemoto. It's by a firm called Simota, that I hadn't heard of before.

Have a look here -

http://shop.wemoto.com/pictures.dyn?u=25274qqq5828583

Seems to do the job okay. Had a close look at the construction after the, how shall I say this?. "in depth" discussion about K&N filters earlier in the year. The weave appears to be very close, unlike a particular photo I remember of someone's K&N filter - which, if I remember correctly, kicked off the discussion in the first place.

Oh, and it's a nice blue colour too. Not that you can see it when it's installed mind.......:D
Blue fibres work much better, maybe, possibly, well Ok not very likely :D

I had the Wemoto foam conical filters on my RD03 and they worked marvellously.

I've got a flat foam Pipercross filter that I got for my Versys without realising that they come with one as standard, only diff seems to be the OEM one says Kawasaki on it :thumbup: 12,000+ miles now and the filters fine with a regular clean.

BTW anyone seen that new series "Argumental" I think it's really good, well only when it's not really bad ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts