Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help.

I'm resealing the brakes and a front brake piston is stuck. I pumped it out most of the way with the brake fluid and now can't get it any further. It's a twin piston caliper and it's brother is out without a problem. I've been lucky all these years and this is the first time I'm stumped. I don't have an air line and I've tried the boiling water in a bucket. Any tips?

·
How much is the fish?
422 Posts
Sort out/clean the other piston & refit it. Then clamp the clean piston in place, put some fluid back into the system then pump the brakes till the stuck piston pops out.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Help.

I'm resealing the brakes and a front brake piston is stuck. I pumped it out most of the way with the brake fluid and now can't get it any further. It's a twin piston caliper and it's brother is out without a problem. I've been lucky all these years and this is the first time I'm stumped. I don't have an air line and I've tried the boiling water in a bucket. Any tips?

The piston that will move push it back and put a G clamp over that piston and the brake caliper and continue to pump thebrake lever

1 - 4 of 4 Posts