Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking to replace the stock pegs on the 700 alp with something with a bit more support. I've seen pivot pegz and people recomend them for long runs and comfort. Has anyone used these or others on the 700 alp with any impriovement ?
Iain

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've got some on my 950 and so far they seem pretty good. I haven't tested them in real anger off road yet, but that will be coming soon.

Only downside you might notice is you'll feel more vibration through the pegs.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
SW Motech do some nice ones I've been looking at, dual purpose so they have rubbers for the roads and you can remove them and run traps only. They look slightly longer than oem but otherwise an upgrade on quality and feature but close to replacements.

You can also adjust how they sit as they have a changeable mount position which has a low setting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

I recently got the SW Motech ones, they are very sturdy and appear to be good quality, better than the OEM parts. Two negative points though:

1. "Lower height setting" is the same as the standard pegs, was dissappointed at this as wanted some extra leg room, but not a real problem. Higher setting will reduce space so may be a plus for some people.
2. Right foot peg rubs on brake lever, can bend the lever in a bit to account for this I haven't yet...

Otherwise I really like them, standing up on the pegs feel much more comfortable as you have a wider area for your feet. Plus as Farky says, you can remove the rubbers for off-road/keep them on for comfort.

I hope that is of some use to you.
cpp01

1 - 5 of 5 Posts