Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all this is one for the mechanics on here I recently bought e full set of front brake pistons for the TA when they arrived they appeared to be made of plastic probably phenolic with a steel cap there are no instructions with them so I have no idea which way round they should be fitted. Anybody had any experience of these type of pistons? Any help or advice would be greatfuly received
Thanks in advance Woody

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yes these are OEM type. They fit with metal cap against the pad. Recommend some red rubber grease in the dust seals when fitting.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone had problems getting a seal with these pistons, after installing mine are leaking. Next step strip down and check everything, measure and compare piston diametre and check calliper s for damage but both sides are weeping so I don't think the callipers are the problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All new aftermarket seals, the one that came with the pistons I didn't use grease cus I was a bit warey of contaminating the fluid. I have since striped them again and found I had not seated the dust seals corectly, it did take a magnifying glass and very good light to see the problem though. So now problem solved and the moral of the story. If you are going to do the calliper seals get your eyes tested first :rolleyes:.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts