Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
My friend and I recently installed new gears in my CRF 250 R 2007. All works great apart from ive now noticed my bike seems to be getting very hot very fast. Literally within 10 seconds of starting it the pipe at the front is scorching hot!
I rode it briefly mainly to test the gears and after 30 seconds it spewed out a load of coolant from somewhere all over my right foot (It was maybe the overflow).
I read somewhere that it may need a new base gasket but i cant tell if coolant is getting into the transmission oil or not. I did replace the transmission oil yesterday but couldnt tell if coolant was present or not!
Please can anyone advise

·
Administrator
1,764 Posts
Hello and welcome!
I don't know that model.... but as a general observation I'm pretty sure you'd notice coolant in the oil - coolant's usually very colourful, and if it was mixed with oil the oil would be milky in appearance. Is the thermostat fitted correctly, and operating as it should ? (If stuck shut it could cause rapid overheating as water would not flow through the radiator)

·
Registered
16 Posts
what gears where replaced?. how far did you strip the bike down. coolant in any oil as it mixes will go creamy/milky. my thinking is the same is the thermostat in correctly

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did you bleed the coolant system ? may be trapped air ..ensure the bike is cool remove rad cap make sure the coolant level is above the fins of the rad ,start the bike you should see a little dome of water ever so slighly rise that shows you its circulating then move the bike a little in a left to right motion to release any trapped air do not allow the bike to get so hot so it will spit out hot water also check or change the rad cap ..Blow air through system to make sure you did not leave anything which could obstruct flow ,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts