Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this works, some pics of playing about in Mayo recently.
That little bit of mud nearly did me in. I couldn't get off to check how deep it was but thought I'd pop on through no bother, on bald Tourances - no sooner said than sunk ! Took me over an hour to get out of the damn thing :(

http://www.xrv.org.uk/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/537

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
well that brought a tear to the eye - its been decades since Ive been to that part of th world - had forgotten just how stunningly beautiful the west of Ireland really is.

Thanks for sharing and bringing on a tincy wincy pang of homesickness :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
wow those views are totally stunning:headbang: thanks for posting them:D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good to see some loyalist sheep out that way!:D

Must say i'm not surprised you went on roads like that mate as i know from experience what you're like! Nice pics though. Hope your coming up the second weekend in May for the Irish meet? Chris and Shane are coming up so i'm sure you guys could meet on the way.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Simon, I'm definitely on for the meetup. Got any more details ?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its in the calendar, its the weekend of the 13th May, I'm going to be staying the friday, saturday and sunday nights. Based in fermanagh and just ride outs from there over the weekend.

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
its in the calendar, its the weekend of the 13th May, I'm going to be staying the friday, saturday and sunday nights. Based in fermanagh and just ride outs from there over the weekend.
Simon
Any more info ? Itinery ? is camping booked ? is B&B available (Mrs D won't camp & I'm not keen) I would be in the car with Mrs D, so it'll just be a case of meeting up to say hello and tying it in with a visit to Mount Stewart gardens.
Where's best to get a ferry from ? Holyhead ? any pointers on where to book ferry ?
So many questions, so little time left, maybe you could post your replies up as general update and maybe tempt some of the others over if they know what's happening ?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there's endless B&B's so i'll give you a few to choose from. Or the sites have static caravans and log cabin jobbies that can be hired? The basic plan is to have the campsite booked for the friday, saturday and sunday nights, then just day trips away from there and a barbie on the saturday night at least. My intention is just that have a good time, but i understand that a few of you guys coming from england it will be your first time over here and will want to have more structure. 24ftlb is coming over on thursday until monday or tuesday and Whealie sort of the same. I will be off work the friday, saturday, sunday and monday, and i can be available on the thursday night to meet anyone in belfast if thats where you sail to.

As far as ferries go, if the sail to Belfast you will have 2-2.5hrs to campsite. Dublin probably about the same. If you come across further south that dublin then it will take a while as the roads are not the best in ireland for covering ground quickly. If you are in a car i would make use of the motorways in england to cover distance. Mount stewart gardens are about 15 mins from my house which is probably 3 hours from campsite (which is probably the longest journey in any one direction that you could do and still remain in Northern Ireland.

Hope this answers some of your questions, please ask more if you need more. Or PM me and i'll give you my mobile number so you can phone me.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have to try and find out whether or not it's a bank hol weekend down here. If it is I'm on for camping for the full thing, if not I'll only be doing the camping on the Fryday and Sat.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Cbrpaddy, that looks more like it! That Clare trip last year was way too easy :)

Looking forward to see you guys in May.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts