Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont suppose anyone has any pictures etc of how to do it?
I have the tank thats fitted with the cap, taps etc but no hoses are there or T peice???
Im none the wiser on how this tank works. Do you open both taps? Use one tap as a reserve?
Any help would be appreciated.:thumbup:

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Mudwiz might be able to help you with this one, I think.

Pretty sure he did same mod in prep for longest day.

I, on the other hand know nothing! Sorry. :toothy7:

·
Registered
35 Posts
you need to buy (find) a T peice or a Y peice to link the pipes togeather. I will take a picture later and send it to you. I found it very hard to obtain a T or Y but ended up with a part from Demon Tweets.....I kept one tap shut until I need that extra fuel

Graham

·
Ride any Road. Ask me...
2,574 Posts
Dont suppose anyone has any pictures etc of how to do it?
I have the tank thats fitted with the cap, taps etc but no hoses are there or T peice???
Im none the wiser on how this tank works. Do you open both taps? Use one tap as a reserve?
Any help would be appreciated.:thumbup:

Rob, I've got exactly the same set up on mine, I run with both taps open, assuming the narrower than stock pipes need both to feed that hungry carb!

I'll take a few photos of the pipe routeing tomorrow, I know it works both road and rough!

Oh, and welcome back to big XRs Rob!

:D.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rob, I've got exactly the same set up on mine, I run with both taps open, assuming the narrower than stock pipes need both to feed that hungry carb!

I'll take a few photos of the pipe routeing tomorrow, I know it works both road and rough!

Oh, and welcome back to big XRs Rob!

:D.
Nice one Mudwiz, cheers gents. Like i say, any help appreciated as i dont want to blow my bike up:thumbup:
Yeah Mudwiz, good to back on the XR again. Its a good one this one aswell. Its still on the original tyres from the factory, it basically hasnt done anything strenuous (Just turned 3000 miles).
Anyway, this is i bought it.

And this is it today:thumbup:

Its slowly getting to how i want it. Just wish i hadnt got rid of the IMS pegs and wavy disc i had on the last one. They'll come though:thumbup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Acerbis don't give you any suggested routeing of the fuel pipes, but i've got my y piece a few inches from the right hand fuel tap half way down the run to the carb and a long piece of pipe coming from the left hand tap over the top of the carb inlet. Some of my mates have routed the pipes diferently and all ways seem to work.

As Mudwiz says run with both fuel taps on.

The hardest bit is getting the tank to sit correctly to get at the 2 mounting bolts on the frame behind the rads.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just put a Acerbis 22l tank on my 600r last week and had to order a "Y" piece from the local car shop. Not the prettiest pipe work in the world but it works. Run with both taps on, but had just one open, though this worked fine whilst I waited for the "Y" connection. Right hand pipe flows under the carb and connects to the "Y" just after it, as this makes the pipe always lower than the tank. Not a 650r I know but must be pretty similar to route. I'll follow up with a pic in the morning. Hardest thing was to route the pipe work and make it look vaguely neat.

Newbie on this forum, though come over from the Dominator site. Sorry if I jumped in on this thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts