Honda XRV Forum banner

What should do about the Galloway Trip in view of the weather

  • Go anyway

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Go but reschedule the forest ride for 3/4 August

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • dont go, Reschedule the whole trip for 3/4 August

    Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Cancel or cant go on 3/4 August

    Votes: 1 5.6%

  • Total voters
    18
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Geriatric Teenager
Joined
·
101 Posts
Austin,

Two votes from me.

1. I'll turn up for the craic, even if we don't get round the forest trails.
2. I'll also vote for trying again in August

Above all I'll go with the consensus/whatever you decide

Paul
 

·
Craigypops
Joined
·
6,747 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
Joined
·
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Final decision to be made tomorrow but based on the feedback to date on here, ABR, and direct to me by pm and phone we will probably go ahead with the meet for those that want to make the run to Galloway, but it seems unlikely that we will go through on forest trails. It would be a great and challenging adventure to do so, but its almost certain that there will be a faller or two or three (or more) with the attendant risk of damage to bike and body. If its body we will be putting the emergency services at risk to extract from the forest.

I will reschedule a meet for 3/4 August anyway and if enough interest I could do a forest ride on the Saturday and the Sunday.

If anyone wants a refund please pm me with your bank details, otherwise I will retain the money as payment for the August trip (that means you are on the list as of now).

To help the final decision on whether to pull the event altogether please let me know if you are coming anyway for a meet, camp, and rideout.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Voted to reschedule...
Personally I think it's only right that the original 25 participants get first dibs at the rescheduled date :hitler:
 
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Top