Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a ride out yesterday. Just to warn other fellow bikers, the A5074, a popular route between the A590 at Levens / Gilpin Bridge and Bowness - on Lake Windermere, often known as the Lyth Valley Road is very badly potholed. I made a complaint at the Lake District National Park tourist office in Bowness. I was shown an article in the Westmoreland Gazette, the local paper. The authorities are aware. If you use this road please treat with respect and utmost caution. Keep sunny side up. :( Heyshamtransalprider. The road back from Bowness to Kendal via Crook is a better ride. (B5284). You can pick up the A591 and then the M6/A6.

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
11 years that would be the tip of the iceberg in devon
merv

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Councils in no money to repair local roads shocker :rolleyes:

Councils paying out more in compo than on road repairs extra shocker :rolleyes:

Hasnt it been ever thus.

Theres one particular road near me - on a bus route -where the same hole gets repaired with loose tar every 3 months or so. Course its getting bigger and bigger, and assoon as its repaired the buses just dig the loose tar straight out of it within an hour.

I have never been able to understand most councils logic - seems theyd rather pay to botch and patch the same holes over and over once enough complaints or a claim has been received, than pay for a quality expensive repair that will last for years.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Heyshamtransalprider,

Was on the exact same road on Sunday on the Daytona, it's one of my regular runs and couldn't believe the state it's in, as you say, pot holes everywhere and gravel all over the middle of the road! Had a bit of a shake when I hit a deep hole whilst overtaking, not nice. Bike broke down at Bowness so not a happy camper!

Crook road is nice but it's a 40 all the way along it and the police often hide on the only overtaking spot between Crook and Kendal, so just go easy on that bit.

Pop in for a brew if you're passing, I'm in Kendal.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
You think you've got it bad. There are lots of cattle grids in the New Forest. Last year they replaced one. The road was closed for 6 weeks and the detour was horrendous.

They didn't do it properly. Next time the road was shut for 4 weeks.

They didn't do that properly either, so it was shut for another 4 weeks.

And.................. it's still not right.

There was never anything wrong with it in the first place and now it's worse than ever.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You think you've got it bad. There are lots of cattle grids in the New Forest. Last year they replaced one. The road was closed for 6 weeks and the detour was horrendous.

They didn't do it properly. Next time the road was shut for 4 weeks.

They didn't do that properly either, so it was shut for another 4 weeks.

And.................. it's still not right.

There was never anything wrong with it in the first place and now it's worse than ever.:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Good job you got AT then you can go round the cattle grid/roadworks, mind you the wiltshire roads are awful pot holes everywhere why do we pay road tax???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any scousers on here?! I had a trip through Liverpool last week; CRAP roads!
Love the city, best night out anywhere, and still a reds fan despite Rafas rotation, but they gotta sort the roads for the city of culture gig.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts