Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this weather holds I was thinking of taking a run down to Jelly's on Sat, camping overnight, having a few beers then leave for home around 1PM Sunday. Will anyone be about if I do get down?

Andy.

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Andy, might be able to pop over either late on Saturday camping and beer, or early Sunday for brekkie. Will pm you my mobile number, let me know if you are coming.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
would love to, but got no wheels at the mo :(

If your off over to your sons again PM me I'll send you my number and pop the kettle on buddy :thumbup:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No worries Russ, I am sure you will be back on the bike very soon.
My son is living back home at the moment so no excuse to get to you for a cuppa. :(

Unless I just keep riding. :D:D

Andy.

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Thanks Andy for a most enjoyable meet.

Safe journey home. :thumbright:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Mick, I really enjoyed the company mate. At the time you posted your reply I was sheltering from the rain under the branches of a tree at Devil's Bridge smoking a damp fag and drinking coffee. :D The rain eased of as I got on to the M6 and I made it home reasonably dry. Will post a couple of pics tomorrow, need to go to bed now as I start work early. :(

Andy.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are a few pictures wot I took at the weekend when I went down to Jelly's.
In case you have not been there this is the cafe.

After I set up camp and was waiting for Micksylver to show up I took a little walk around the area and saw these guys quite
happily doing what they do in a semi stagnant stream literaly 10 feet from the side of the busy A623.

I know the photos are not that good but the inconsiderate little furballs would not stay still long enough to get a better shot. ;)
I had a good night down there, a few beers, and a great chat with Mick, left the pub about 1 AM and was awakened by the rain battering on the tent around 6 AM.Luckily it went off later in the morning so we got packed up and said our farewells.
Going back up the road the day was a bit overcast for good piccies but I took one or two.

Looking down Woodhead road towards the Peak district.

T'other side looking towards Holme bridge and Holmfirth in t'yorkshire. :rolleyes:

The pictures do not convey what a great road that is from Glossop to Holmfirth, you really must drive it sometime! :D:D

Andy.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Nice one Andy, Sorry we could not join you both this weekend I had my eye on this but kids got in the way :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Till next time :thumbright:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts