Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a few pm's from interested parties regarding the picture I posted on the bead breaker so not to hijack the other thread here is some more info.

Mods I did not stick this in for sale section even though members are more than welcome to approach me for these should they want some :D

On-road and off-road motorcycle tire beads can be easily separated from their wheel with this sturdy cast iron alloy device. As you torque the spreader assembly with a wrench, the two hinged jaws apply even pressure to the tire bead, releasing the tire from the wheel. The Tire Bead Breaker can be disassembled for easier portability. For use on tube or tubeless tires size 160 and smaller

The bead breaker is imported from the USA and to avoid any confusion you are more than welcome to try and import a few like I did and hopefully not get stung by customs.....like I did. So very possible you would see them advertised for $46-$60 which might seem reasonable untill you get the charge for courier/postage on the item that weighs 5 1/2 lbs and our tax charges importing something that you don't get here :scratch:

My price is £36 each just to cover what I have paid to get a box of ten or so over this side of the water so please bear with me if I don't offer discount :cool:

Now the weight seems to be a problem and need to get to the postoffice as the last week at work has been a bit busy. So far gathering from Royal Mail website a parcel that weigh over 2.4 kg's is about

First Class stamps* Delivery Aim 1 Day Up to £34 No £8.75
Recorded (Signed For) First Class stamps* Delivery Aim 1 Day Up to £34 Proof of Delivery £9.45
Special Delivery Next Day Guaranteed by 1:00pm next day Up to £500 Tracked £19.45
Standard Parcels Delivery Aim 3 Days Up to £34 No £8.24

I am yet to find prices for Ireland but it ain't looking pretty :? Mate of mine is coming over for xmas so if anybody from Ireland would like some could convince him to take a few back and post it from Galway where he lives if that would help.

In the past I have made use of bike meetings and a few times of the Chad courier service getting these bead breakers around so if you are in no rush we can work something out :D

Hope this helps!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts