Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I googled this and it isn't that far away from Paris

Has anyone done a lap and if so is it feasible to do this after the TLD -probably on the varadero with luggage :)

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Depends on the time of day and the mood of the staff, you'll have to drop all luggage and there is a "full protective clothing" rule, I have heard that some only class full one piece leathers as protective.
Each lap cost €24
the Ox would lap it up, it is open on the Sunday after TLD but not during the week so you'll have to be up early Sunday. Looking at the route you would be going up through Trier and the Mosel valley, bikers paradise, you may need a bit more than the 4 hours google recommends

Opening times Nordschleife | Nürburgring - Volles Programm
Tourist rides Nordschleife | Nürburgring - Volles Programm

·
Registered
379 Posts
One piece suit not required,
as long as you have something real bike gear on rather than jeans, t-shirt you will be allowed on.
You can take full luggage if it's on your bike.

If you don't look like you are going to be going hell for leather they won't stop you, scenic or sighting laps are commonplace, keep to the right so people can pass you on the left, keep your lights on and don't use an obviously placed camera, (you won't be allowed on track if they think you are going to film it)

I'm planning on going on the sunday after TLD (but it's along way to go and the track is only open till 7 IIRC so I'd recommend only planning on 1 or 2 laps, it's not the place to be if your tired)
I'd be interested in tagging along as my route home was going to take in the ring followed by a couple of days in northern Italy (this is subject to change at any moment depending on what the Mrs decides to do.
I've done a few hundred laps of the Nurburgring over the last few years and spent more than my fair share of nights in the local bars etc, so if anyone wants any pointers? advice on B&B's and restaurants then feel free to ask.

Cheers

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A plan coming together.....

I was thinking of setting off early Sunday and if it is a good route as you say snaphappy so much the better.
I would stay over night around that area and then start heading back towards home as I need to get to the tunnel for tuesday pm.

More the merrier.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if its ok with you, you got three more to join you to the ring & one to ride back to the uk :thumbup:
We will have take over the ring for the day - XRV day

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
So this will be the group named 'Xrv take it up the ring'!:p

Would love to join you, but I ain't getting up early Sunday to head off again, need a nice chilled day like last year round Kerry.

The ring was only about €8 last time I was there though that was 8 years ago. One of those 'things you gotta do before' that you can tick off the list. The Ardennes will do me ta.

·
Registered
67 Posts
me & 2 freinds are going to the "ring" on the sunday, & we are trying to plan a trip around germany for a few days, CAN ANYBODY HELP / WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ?:confused:

·
ADV.John
63 Posts
we are thinking of carring on to say reims. stay there for the night. Then set off to the ring. less mileage before going on a race track ( where all & sundry will be out ). then we are carring on for another five days. I CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I was there two years ago and it was 23 euro a lap.
That must be effect of the new owners then, heard loads of negative stuff about it but couldn't understand why!

At that price, I wouldn't be rushing to it, you gotta do it at least 3 times to enjoy it. Lap1 is panic, avoid the local porkys, Lap2 is done with more speed but poop the pants moments as you 'think' you know where your going, Lap3 is more relaxed, confident and comfortable. €69 for that though.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
A fellow TLD rider who races cars too, reckons you won't get on tr Ring that weekend for teams testing as the following weekend is the 24hr race round the ring. Not closed officially, just restricted for safety. Might be worth checking with local office to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
Although we had originally planned on going to the Ring after Paris, we've since revised our plans (300 miles East for 1 or 2 laps seems a bit daft when I should be going south!)

So now we are giving it a miss as it gives us more time to enjoy the French/Swiss/Italian mountains

YAY!!!

Can't F*ing Wait........

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Although we had originally planned on going to the Ring after Paris, we've since revised our plans (300 miles East for 1 or 2 laps seems a bit daft when I should be going south!)

So now we are giving it a miss as it gives us more time to enjoy the French/Swiss/Italian mountains

YAY!!!

Can't F*ing Wait........
mm may tag along as I am staying south 'till the Friday :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
The more the merrier,

Current plans are something along the lines of:-
Paris,
Bourdeaux,
Monaco,
Millau,
Little St Bernards Pass,
(Possibly) Stelvio,
Then home over 1 maybe 2 days. (ferry booked for midday friday)

Nothing is set in stone, we decided on the bear bones of the trip and decided to just have a rough idea and wing it.
(hence the places mentioned might not be overnights, they could just be travelled through on the way to somewhere else's)

Currently it's me (now solo as Mrs Me has backed out) planning on wild camping with the odd B&B or hostel thrown in.
and ADV.John and Mrs ADV.John currently planning on a slightly more refined form of overnight sleep stop. (somewhere that hair straighteners are recognised and useable)

The only thing that we certain of is that we will be riding up and down some mountain passes, but as ADV.John has the waypoints etc I'm not 100% sure which ones, any suggestions welcome, as is anyone who fancies joining us.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
The more the merrier,

Current plans are something along the lines of:-
Paris,
Bourdeaux,
Monaco,
Millau,
Little St Bernards Pass,
(Possibly) Stelvio,
Then home over 1 maybe 2 days. (ferry booked for midday friday)

Nothing is set in stone, we decided on the bear bones of the trip and decided to just have a rough idea and wing it.
(hence the places mentioned might not be overnights, they could just be travelled through on the way to somewhere else's)

Currently it's me (now solo as Mrs Me has backed out) planning on wild camping with the odd B&B or hostel thrown in.
and ADV.John and Mrs ADV.John currently planning on a slightly more refined form of overnight sleep stop. (somewhere that hair straighteners are recognised and useable)

The only thing that we certain of is that we will be riding up and down some mountain passes, but as ADV.John has the waypoints etc I'm not 100% sure which ones, any suggestions welcome, as is anyone who fancies joining us.
sounds like my kinda plan :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts