Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know about the rest of the country, but up here in the tundra, the amount and size of potholes is verging on the ridiculous. Sheer negligence on the part of the Council doesn't help - especially when they use plasticine as a temporary filler when they can be bothered to get off their collective arses and fix them. It just returns the pothole to its original state after a week or so.

I have serious concerns whether some of the roads round here are fit for cars let alone bikes - and these are A and B roads not C roads. God help the poor sod of a biker who gets his front wheel in one of those killers, or takes instinctive avoiding action and hits a car/wall/wagon/lampost instead.

The amount I pay in council tax makes my blood boil - bast**rds the lot of them, especially when nearly 40% of council tax pays for their gold plated pensions.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
The clangers are living in the holes in the road near me in devon,
they are not just potholes they are bleddy craters
merv

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
pretend your in mongolia riding the un made roads of the plains of asia and enjoy. thats why we ride adventure bikes..........................

going back to my cupboard now

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
I agree with you 100% Oggy .. Aberdeen Roads Department are a shambles

Just the usual shoddy crappy , temp fixes..
Down my way the potholes are beyond a joke, luckly I have a 4x4..
Need it to get up my street ..

Out on the bike, need a LRW friggin' support vehicle :(

A sore point .. yep ..

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
It is for this reason that Honda should make another Africa Twin, they should redesign it and call it a Pot Holer.

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Right now they can't do permanent repairs due to temperature and the amount of water about.

BUT, when they can get around to thinking about permanent repairs, they'll not have enough money do do the job :rolleyes:.

Just keep looking far enough ahead and leaning away from the trouble I say :thumbright:

·
Registered
82 Posts
There is a website called fillthathole.org (oo er missus) :toothy2:
If you go on to that and give the location of the hole i believe the local council have to make good a repair and if you do hit one then make sure you submit a claim including pictures of the offending hole and try and get yourself some compensation for yourself and vehicle.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
There is a road near me that I travel on in the bus, it has speed humps and two speed tables.
I can miss most of the humps except when parking means I have to go over them but they do not make much difference.
The road also has pot holes and they shake the bus apart. Usually a panel falls off when hitting one.

·
Registered
212 Posts
So its not only in England that the roads aren't winterproof.
Here in Belgium we also had the hardest winter since decades ,same damage on ower roads ,same discutions on who's to blame!.

The sun was out today and so was i on my 700 (still cold do).

Enjoy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts