Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Im stripping my LMF engine tomorrow and plan to either paint or powder coat it ....... any ideas or suggestions as to which one to go for ?

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
I strongly suggest only paint on barrel and heads as it is aircooled, powdercoat will not help in fact will hinder heat dissipation, but gearbox side covers will be fine, just make sure the gasket surfaces are free of coating before reassembly, if you need to remove some from the edges, duck tape as a masking tape and paint stripper will soften the coating so you can scrape it off

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
if you need to remove some from the edges, duck tape as a masking tape and paint stripper will soften the coating so you can scrape it off
If your suggesting removing excess powder coating with paint stripper ,,be my guest.
Powder coating is epoxy polyester and won't budge using normal household paint strippers, you will need a stripper that only powder coaters use , and we buy it in 200ltrs at a time

·
Stone Crazy
5,315 Posts
Not going to argue with ya mate , but I have done it, as i say it softens it and you can scrape it off, maybe it was inferior stuff i had on the casings

1 - 4 of 4 Posts